Booking Calendar Widget

gbligh

Hi all,

We use the Create Event and Calendar widget to display booking calendars on a page for staff. However, a big issue is that staff can't delete their own bookings from this view. Has anyone worked around this, or maybe a delete event widget could be created?

Cheers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gbligh said:

Hi all,

We use the Create Event and Calendar widget to display booking calendars on a page for staff. However, a big issue is that staff can't delete their own bookings from this view. Has anyone worked around this, or maybe a delete event widget could be created?

Cheers

When you say booking calendars.........  what do you book via Frog??? And sorry no I don't have a solution to your problem either!

It's on the list, but no ETA I'm afraid.  I'm trying to push it up the list, but there's quite a few things we have to do ahead of it.

That said, there's been quite a bit of chatter this week, which helps in conversations about prioritising.

Being honest, I do not imagine getting anything to you before the end of the academic year, but there's the possibility of September.

Of course, FrogCode might be able to solve this.

1 hour ago, Graham Quince said:

It's on the list, but no ETA I'm afraid.  I'm trying to push it up the list, but there's quite a few things we have to do ahead of it.

That said, there's been quite a bit of chatter this week, which helps in conversations about prioritising.

Being honest, I do not imagine getting anything to you before the end of the academic year, but there's the possibility of September.

Of course, FrogCode might be able to solve this.

Could we have a look at using FrogCode?

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Okay,

So I spent some time at lunch creating a basic 'delete booking calendar event' widget. It's very bare-bones, but should serve as a good start for anyone to tweak to their own requirements.

Booking Calendar.PNG

It'll only show you booking calendars which you have access to AND have events that you have created on. You can't delete other peoples events from here (including admins, sorry) - this is mainly due to how the back-end works (it's fairly old code).

I've put the widget on the FrogCode repo - so @Graham Quince should be able to sort people out.

Just to reitterate, I've not fully tested this, so use it at your own risk and feel free to use it as a base for a more comprehensive widget.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, adamw said:

Okay,

So I spent some time at lunch creating a basic 'delete booking calendar event' widget. It's very bare-bones, but should serve as a good start for anyone to tweak to their own requirements.

Booking Calendar.PNG

It'll only show you booking calendars which you have access to AND have events that you have created on. You can't delete other peoples events from here (including admins, sorry) - this is mainly due to how the back-end works (it's fairly old code).

I've put the widget on the FrogCode repo - so @Graham Quince should be able to sort people out.

Just to reitterate, I've not fully tested this, so use it at your own risk and feel free to use it as a base for a more comprehensive widget.

Looks great thanks Adam. I think this does pretty much what we would like at the moment!

Just a quick update - I did a bit more testing and it seems that admins can delete anything via this widget - which is nice. Other users can see all the events, but only delete their own. If they press the delete button on one they don't own then it does nothing.

• 2 years later...

Yes we are ... just make sure you tell people how to use it. Some staff still try and delete things from the calendar itself and moan. I tend to put it on the same page under a 'Manage My Bookings' banner or something similar.