Read receipt content

clangstaff

A colleague of mine is looking for a way to easily ask groups of users to action something on completion of a task. An example of this would be that once a Safeguarding policy has been updated the member of staff would like staff to be able to go and tick a box to state that they have reread the policy.

I was thinking about using the AUP functionality initially however, this wouldn't produce a list of users who have completed a task and would result in all users ticking the box to gain access to Frog regardless.

I guess forms could work but then you'd be left with a completed form on a page once the user has submitted. Can anyone think of a better solution?

@Graham Quince

Hmmm...Use Assignments? Possibly use a text activity assigned to a 'staff' group with the policy attached as a resource. Call it something like 'Read new Safeguarding Policy'. Staff would just type in the text box "I have read the policy" and submit it back completed. :/

14 minutes ago, Sean_M said:

Hmmm...Use Assignments? Possibly use a text activity assigned to a 'staff' group with the policy attached as a resource. Call it something like 'Read new Safeguarding Policy'. Staff would just type in the text box "I have read the policy" and submit it back completed. :/

Unfortunately, you can't assign work to staff profiles :(

David Hillyard uses forms for this (video cue-ed up to where he talks about it)

Alternatively:

A forum (rich-text coming soon) where everyone has to post under the thread might work.

Or (and this is stretching it a bit), how about using a File Drop set to individual view.  Then user upload a scan of their signature as prove of reading.    (hmmm, not sure about that one myself)

A poll would also generate a list of users in the Data Viewer.

A FrogCode widget could fire the results into a form using the form APIs

5 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Unfortunately, you can't assign work to staff profiles :(

David Hillyard uses forms for this (video cue-ed up to where he talks about it)

Alternatively:

A forum (rich-text coming soon) where everyone has to post under the thread might work.

Or (and this is stretching it a bit), how about using a File Drop set to individual view.  Then user upload a scan of their signature as prove of reading.    (hmmm, not sure about that one myself)

A poll would also generate a list of users in the Data Viewer.

A FrogCode widget could fire the results into a form using the form APIs

For a moment I thought you could get around it using a group, but yes it obviously doesn't lock it in. :-(

What we have been doing is doing things the Froogle way.  We use Frog and embed Google Forms in them.  This gives us a timestamp and a user id for each.  That allows us the freedom to give works to groups.  

Now if you would like to assign work to staff ( which would be awesome for PD purposes, teacher tracking and a whole lot of other things) I would vote for https://ideas.frogcommunity.com/ideas/FRG-I-165  Which is the idea in the portal.  Share with your friends and everyone can vote on this.  

Matt

• Like 2