Tablet Powerpoint Issue

Nathan

Question

We have logged a call with Frog Service Desk but have been getting nowhere and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing similar issues.

Whenever we download powerpoint files through frog, they appear to have a reduced file size and are unable to open in powerpoint. 

See attached video for more detail.

This is happening on all of our samsung Tablet Devices (New and Old). The files work perfectly fine from another source like OneDrive.

The tablet devices are our main use for Frog and losing this functionality is massively detrimental to our project and lessening the use of Frog.

mobizen_20180109_114315.mp4

3 answers to this question

After further liaising and narrowing down the issue, this has now been replicated and raised with development. I will be responding to Nathan separately on the support ticket once development have looked at the issue and confirmed a fix. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Nathan,

I think I understand what's going on:

• When a user using an Android Tablet downloads a powerpoint to their device it cannot open the file in the PowerPoint app
  • When they download the file via Office365 they can.

I've checked on my phone, I was able to download a file added to a file drop (also with the Link to File widget) and was able to open it.

I did notice on the video that in when you view the file in Office365, I couldn't tell how you opened this tab, was it via an External Link widget?

Frog does not compress files, The powerpoint I upload is the same size was the one I downloaded.  Tom who is working on your ticket is off sick today, but we've continued looking into it.  I think this might be an issue with the apps on Android.  Searching for "powerpoint app "can't open file" android" produced some results:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=w-lUWrS2FKGBgAb45rKYCw&q=powerpoint+app+"can't+open+file"+android&oq=powerpoint+app+"can't+open+file"+android&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i29i30k1.10862.12217.0.12458.8.8.0.0.0.0.210.756.1j3j1.5.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..3.5.752....0.VKLFWsVilXQ

The closest to a solution I've found is to check if you have the latest versions of each of the apps.

19 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi Nathan,

I think I understand what's going on:

• When a user using an Android Tablet downloads a powerpoint to their device it cannot open the file in the PowerPoint app
  • When they download the file via Office365 they can.

I've checked on my phone, I was able to download a file added to a file drop (also with the Link to File widget) and was able to open it.

I did notice on the video that in when you view the file in Office365, I couldn't tell how you opened this tab, was it via an External Link widget?

Frog does not compress files, The powerpoint I upload is the same size was the one I downloaded.  Tom who is working on your ticket is off sick today, but we've continued looking into it.  I think this might be an issue with the apps on Android.  Searching for "powerpoint app "can't open file" android" produced some results:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=w-lUWrS2FKGBgAb45rKYCw&q=powerpoint+app+"can't+open+file"+android&oq=powerpoint+app+"can't+open+file"+android&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i22i29i30k1.10862.12217.0.12458.8.8.0.0.0.0.210.756.1j3j1.5.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..3.5.752....0.VKLFWsVilXQ

The closest to a solution I've found is to check if you have the latest versions of each of the apps.

Hi Graham,

Thanks for the response:

Yes, to view the file in Office365 it was an External Link Widget, I then used Office365 to download the file onto the tablet itself. 

Both files were exactly the same and uploaded by myself, the only difference is that one was being downloaded on Frog and the other through Office365. We have had 0 issues downloading from Office365, only from Frog.

When comparing a Device where the Frog download works and a one that doesn't, the files have two different sizes (Usually a couple of MB).

Each time we have ensured that the apps are completely up to date, this is top priority for us as it has caused issues in the past however this issue still persists regardless.

Kind regards

Nathan