Moving files to froglearn

pconkie

I have a folder that contains hundreds of files (mainly pdf and doc).  There are no frog 3 pages in the folder.

How can I get all of these files out of frog3 so that i can upload them into froglearn? Thought there was a zip option for folders but can't find this.  Tried packing the folder into a frg file, but this is still going after 3 hours so assuming its timed out.

Thanks

Paul

The zip files option is only available in the ‘front end’ of Frog3 with the web files brick.

However, the Linux servers limit you to 2Gb for file size.  To that end, we have developed a script we can run to download all your files to a nominated network drive.  If you drop me a line when you’re ready, we can arrange to do this with you.

(Also, I’m fairly certain FRG files are just zips with a different extension.  I’d have to check that though)

Thanks. I was in the toolkit so didn’t see the zip option. Only 300mb so I’ll give it a go this way first. Yes, I too think that frg files are actually .rar (or something similar) which I was planning to extract...

Governors can finally migrate to froglearn!!

So I got the big folder of files out of frog 3. Why can’t I upload the folder directly into a froglearn site? File drops don’t seem to support folders. Network files not appropriate as governors don’t have AD authentication. We can now embed frog drive in a site but can I set a specific frog drive folder to display?

just checking there is no web files equivalent in frog Learn

P

Use the shared folders widget, that will allow you to embed a specific folder from FrogDrive in a site.

You should be able to upload and extract zip files in FrogDrive.

interesting quirk that we’ve spotted, parents can have access to shared folders, if you share a folder from your Frog Documents, but not if you share it from School Documents. We’ve picked up on this and will address it, but this workaround might help.  (I know you’re talking about Governors, Paul)

1 hour ago, pconkie said:

So I got the big folder of files out of frog 3. Why can’t I upload the folder directly into a froglearn site? File drops don’t seem to support folders. Network files not appropriate as governors don’t have AD authentication. We can now embed frog drive in a site but can I set a specific frog drive folder to display?

just checking there is no web files equivalent in frog Learn

P

Nope...  no web files on froglearn!!!  Sorry about the toolkit idea...  I knew it was one way round....  went for the wrong way!!!

You mean you can't unzip in learn????  And it'll recreate folder structure and everything!!!!!!  Being back Frog 3!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, ADT said:

Nope...  no web files on froglearn!!!  Sorry about the toolkit idea...  I knew it was one way round....  went for the wrong way!!!

You mean you can't unzip in learn????  And it'll recreate folder structure and everything!!!!!!  Being back Frog 3!!!!!!!

Shared folders widget IS web files.  

I think Paul is saying he couldn’t upload a zip file to a file drop and unpack it.  Folder structures will unpack too

21 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Shared folders widget IS web files.  

I think Paul is saying he couldn’t upload a zip file to a file drop and unpack it.  Folder structures will unpack too

But as Paul has the new governor profile he shouldn't need to use a file drop widget!!

Im putting this all down to not having much sleep...  the youngest has chicken pox!! :(