MIS Linked Documents widget

gbligh

17 hours ago, adamw said:

This is complete guess, without testing. but try this as the first line in your 'done' function:

thisResponse = Lib.Models.Resource.model(thisResponse.data);

That may give you an array of resource models, which you can then do stuff with. You might have to amend the rest of your code to cope with the new structure, but it should be fairly easy to do. That's if it works! Like I said, I usually leave the front-end stuff to those who are cleverer than me :P

Thanks @adamw This worked!

I ended up using the line here:

$mywrapper.on("click tap", ".clickable-row", function(ev) {
  var myResource = $(ev.currentTarget).data("resource");

myResource = Lib.Models.Resource.model(myResource);

this.trigger('os.app.preview', {
    name: 'preview',
    resource: myResource,
    launchAboveModal: false
  });
}.bind(this));

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, gbligh said:

So, linked docs have reared it's head again ... SLT want to go back to printing reports and sending them home because we still can't see who has viewed a report easily.

We have Visitor Log widget now, but it doesn't do this job. Any ideas? @Graham Quince @Kate Heal

Hi George,

That's a shame.  Of course a printed report wouldn't tell them who has viewed a report either.

If @adamw can rework visitor log to page views, then that would show parents had visited the page with the report on - you could put the reports on a separate site right now and get the same result today, but if that's not sufficient then...

We're adding messaging to MyFrog which will provide read receipts.  That would at least show that parents had been notified about the reports being available - but short of a form with a checkbox confirming that parents had viewed a report, I'm not sure what a solution would be to confirm that a specific parent had viewed a report. 

Graham

22 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi George,

That's a shame.  Of course a printed report wouldn't tell them who has viewed a report either.

If @adamw can rework visitor log to page views, then that would show parents had visited the page with the report on - you could put the reports on a separate site right now and get the same result today, but if that's not sufficient then...

We're adding messaging to MyFrog which will provide read receipts.  That would at least show that parents had been notified about the reports being available - but short of a form with a checkbox confirming that parents had viewed a report, I'm not sure what a solution would be to confirm that a specific parent had viewed a report. 

Graham

Thanks Graham. The Visitor Log does show which parents have logged in and viewed the page, however, it doesn't (at a glance) do it by year group so it's hard for a head of year to see who they need to target.

2 hours ago, gbligh said:

Thanks Graham. The Visitor Log does show which parents have logged in and viewed the page, however, it doesn't (at a glance) do it by year group so it's hard for a head of year to see who they need to target.

So you need a better sorting option?

19 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

So you need a better sorting option?

But there is no way to know which parent has kids in what year groups??  But i'll happily be wrong!!

6 minutes ago, ADT said:

But there is no way to know which parent has kids in what year groups??  But i'll happily be wrong!!

Well, not exactly - we know the parents, we know their children and we know their children's year groups.

@Tom has commited the service desk to helping you create year groups for Parents.  And I'm thinking that it would be possible to add a filter into the results of visitor log.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Well, not exactly - we know the parents, we know their children and we know their children's year groups.

@Tom has commited the service desk to helping you create year groups for Parents.  And I'm thinking that it would be possible to add a filter into the results of visitor log.

So we just need @Tom to sort the first bit out...............  cough no rush!! :P

• Haha 1

Tom did the groups of parents for us, however, they can easily get out of date. This is what I think we'd need:

- Groups of parents by year group within Groups and Policies. These needs to be live like student year groups are from SIMS.

- A new site for each reporting cycle with some outline and the Linked Documents widget

- Those sites can be shared with the groups of parents with a separate Visitor Log on each site. Then we can keep track of who has opened each report, by year group.

@Tom @Graham Quince @ADT

Edited by gbligh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gbligh said:

Tom did the groups of parents for us, however, they can easily get out of date. This is what I think we'd need:

- Groups of parents by year group within Groups and Policies. These needs to be live like student year groups are from SIMS.

- A new site for each reporting cycle with some outline and the Linked Documents widget

- Those sites can be shared with the groups of parents with a separate Visitor Log on each site. Then we can keep track of who has opened each report, by year group.

@Tom @Graham Quince @ADT

I don’t think you need to do any of this. George are you still using my version of the linked documents widget? If so, all I think you need to do is ensure that your linked documents are named in a consistent way. If you can include the name of the report in the linked document name e.g. “year 7 report 2 201819” then I can make a new app that will show who has and who hasn’t had a parent view the report. By view I mean opened and by show i mean - select a yeargroup/tutorgroup/house to get a full student list select a report (“year 7 report 2 201819”) to see those that have/haven’t had a parent view highlighted. Optionally both parents. Optionally hide students who’s parents have viewed. In fact we need this functionality too! I might build it if I wasn’t already replacing various sims functionality.  Although thee isn’t much to it, maybe a day or two....

17 hours ago, pconkie said:

I don’t think you need to do any of this. George are you still using my version of the linked documents widget? If so, all I think you need to do is ensure that your linked documents are named in a consistent way. If you can include the name of the report in the linked document name e.g. “year 7 report 2 201819” then I can make a new app that will show who has and who hasn’t had a parent view the report. By view I mean opened and by show i mean - select a yeargroup/tutorgroup/house to get a full student list select a report (“year 7 report 2 201819”) to see those that have/haven’t had a parent view highlighted. Optionally both parents. Optionally hide students who’s parents have viewed. In fact we need this functionality too! I might build it if I wasn’t already replacing various sims functionality.  Although thee isn’t much to it, maybe a day or two....

This sounds ideal Paul. Im still using your widget as I prefer it. Thank you for this.

Maybe I am over thinking it!

@gbligh @Graham Quince @ADT

I had a spare hour.

I've modified the linked documents widget to record the opening of a report by a parent.

My linked documents are in this format:  "Report [some text that make sense in my school context] for [student name]"  The words in bold are always present and must be either added by SIMS or FROG.  Can you check your linked docs titles to confirm this is consistent across all schools? I assume my data manager can adjust the [some text that make sense in my school context] bit.  

What I have done is taken the bit of the document title before the " for" and used this as a key to save read receipts against in the data store. I thought about stripping the word report from the front, but haven't yet as this might not be consistent across schools. But if i do do this, it will leave us with a key that can be entirely generated by each school for each report.

So if the document is called "Report Year 8 1/3 for Joe Blogs" currently the key generated is "Report Year 8 1/3" but we could make it simply "Year 8 1/3",  

From here we just need to enter the key and a group name into a frog app to see who has and who hasn't accessed the report.  So for example if I entered "Year 8 1/3" and "8A" - I would get a list of everyone in that tutor group and see which students parents have accessed that report.  I could easily enough enter year 8 as the group.

I'm also collecting up the date/time and whether the parent was using DESKTOP, MOBILE or (a special case of mobile) MYFROG APP. 

8 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

When Paul tells me it's ready...

Hold your horses :)

The widget is ready and this is what you need in place asap so that it can start to capture the read receipts..  

@adamw I assume there won't be any issues with parents being able to save/update to the data-store? 

The app needs a group picker to be added - you have to type in a group uuid at the moment! Surely this is a re-usable component? Any tips from frog how to drop one in without reinventing the wheel?

Edited by pconkie
  • Thanks 1