Assignments - send same work back-and-forth

S Marcham

Hello, I have 2 questions that our Business Studies teacher asked me, I have had a look but not sure if possible, thanks.

1. Is it possible in assignments that when a student sends back their completed worksheet/project  (probably using file drop in assignments) to the teacher, that the teacher can then mark the same worksheet/project  with comments and send it back to the student to amend? And then the student  can send the same amended copy back to the teacher etc? So its all kept in one thread?

2. Also the business studies teacher here marks work using pass, merit or distinction – Is it possible to set this as a marking system in assignments?

• Like 1

2. As an admin you can set up Mark Schemes via the Mark Schemes Manager....

As for point 1.  I would just reissue the assignment and call it v2!!  That way you have a record of the 1st hand in and the second!!  is this for BTEC Business by any chance???  I teach BTEC ICT and that's how we do versions!! ;)

Step 1.fw.png

Step 2.fw.png

• Thanks 1

@S Marcham I definitely think there is a need for teachers to be able to send marked documents back to students - it's not currently possible.

Creating a new assignment really isn't a solution to this it would take staff forever to do this on an individual basis and by separting the assignments it becomes much harder to track (for staff, students and parents).

16 minutes ago, clangstaff said:

@S Marcham I definitely think there is a need for teachers to be able to send marked documents back to students - it's not currently possible.

Creating a new assignment really isn't a solution to this it would take staff forever to do this on an individual basis and by separting the assignments it becomes much harder to track (for staff, students and parents).

Completely agree with you... In Frog 3 you could download some work...  mark it..... and send the file back with annotations on!!! 

You can for an additional fee get Frog Feedback which lets you scribble all over a kids work....  add comments...  or record audio "You idiot"...  which I think is really good.............  ive trailed it and ive found a few bugs...  and that's as far as we've got!!

See I just reissue a task to all the kids in a class... even if they don't need to resubmit work!!  No major hassle for me I just have Task 1 v1 and Task 1 v2 on my assignment closed list!!

Maybe Quincys Eportfolio idea could be a solution....  coming to a Frog box near you soon!! ;)

@ADT @clangstaff Thank you for the replies, that's great, I will change the mark schemes :)

Our Business teacher is teaching NCFE and has 120 students, so although to reissue an assignment is an option (thank you, I have told her) I'm not sure how easy that will be. We do have office 365, so I'm thinking about investigating this as a possible solution.

Many thanks for the advice

Edited by S Marcham

Hey all,

We here in Talbot have Frog Feedback.  This is how I send work back and forth.  Students are alerted to comments on their work through having a highlighter/pen icon turn a magenta color and that lets them know they have comments.  I think there should be an option to send back work to amend.  I wonder how difficult this would be.  I think it would be as simple as a script that sends a reopen to each of the assignments and a notification to students.  @Graham Quince is this correct?

Cheers

Matt

Edited by mmclaughlin

20 hours ago, mmclaughlin said:

Hey all,

We here in Talbot have Frog Feedback.  This is how I send work back and forth.  Students are alerted to comments on their work through having a highlighter/pen icon turn a magenta color and that lets them know they have comments.  I think there should be an option to send back work to amend.  I wonder how difficult this would be.  I think it would be as simple as a script that sends a reopen to each of the assignments and a notification to students.  @Graham Quince is this correct?

Cheers

Matt

That's absolutely right.  This article on the community demonstrates it in action:

https://www.frogcommunity.com/using-feedback

@S Marcham - I'll drop you a line to discuss Feedback and the costs involved.

1 hour ago, mmclaughlin said:

I would really suggest using it if you can.  I love it and it has so many uses.

Have you not found some issue with files not converting.....  or files that haven't converted correctly!!  Dont get me wrong i like it its just not 100% for me!!

On 11/22/2017 at 05:23, paulmitchell1989 said:

Having major problems with it not converting in testing, haven't told the staff about it yet for that reason

Some have, but it hasn't been anything i have been worried about.  I have used work arounds and with 120 students it is a concern, but I am not going to stop using something that helps my students.  

1 minute ago, mmclaughlin said:

@ADT 

@Graham Quince

It looks like the conversion issue was supposed to be solved with Da Vinci.  I graded 200 assignments last night with multiple different formats.  Each format converted properly.  I will continue to look.

Matt

@emoseley  This may allow us to start to really role out feedback to the teachers.  

Im not convinced...  file names...  page numbers... etc can cock it up.....!!!

Look at these...  one in PowerPoint... one in Feedback!!!  I know this is down to formatting the images... but surely all that's happening is the PowerPoint is being PDFed/Converted into pictures so they shouldn't be different??

Feedback.fw.png

PowerPoint.fw.png

Sorry everyone.

The issue has been reported by several schools and we're working closely with one school to resolve the issue.  Once we have it fixed (we're close) we'll then be able to roll out the solution for everyone.  This may come across like we're not doing anything, but behind the scenes we've been working on it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a big proponent of feedback and we have decided to do a test.  One of the items that we decided to test was a WACOM pad with the computer and using feedback.  I have been thinking that this may be a way that we can limit paper usage.  Now we have run into a couple things that makes feedback not as good, but still pretty awesome.  

1. A bug is involved where a longer document cannot be written on beyond a certain point. 

2.  A tablet makes using the paint functions easier  I would love either a pen function (thinner line) or the ability to control line thickness.  I sometimes write on the sentences, and it is unclear because of thickness.

3.  Next to mark on the screen put a fraction of how many widgets were completed 

4.  Highlighter needs to be more clear on what we highlight.  It is a bit unwieldy.

5.  The ability to hover over the sticker and see what the sticker means.

Matt