Coding competition!

Graham Quince

CodingCompetition.jpg

To celebrate my new tutorial for on how to build your own Random Name Selector we’re running a competition for the best widget (or application) you can build over the summer. 

Submit your widget by 14th September (National Coding Week) and the winning entry will receive a Frog hoodie.  We’ll proudly host all widgets on the community for everyone to enjoy.

How to submit:

• Reply to this thread with the name of your Widget and screenshots / videos of your action in action.

• You can either submit your own variation on the Random Name Selector or your own brand new widget.  

• Use the Coding forum if you have any questions.

• 3 weeks later...

I've done a widget called "Check List" - I'm using it to keep track of learning objectives (no we don't have FrogProgress). but it could be used for lots of other things too.  Faster and easier for the typical member of staff than FrogForms. Contribute permission required for students to submit their data to the teacher.

Here is a 30 second video showing a new list of learning objectives being created (most of us have these lists already in word / excel, so wanted to literally be able to paste them all into frog in one go).  

Here is a student filling a list in:

Finally, needed a way of analysing all of the student responses.  Here is a frog app called "Check Lists" which allows you to pick your list and review the submitted responses. No video because of real student names / pictures (blanked out on image below). I've borrowed heavily from the Frog Markbook for this part...

Capture.thumb.PNG.cb84b471b3357238fb5f31020316a694.PNG

• Like 2

11 hours ago, pconkie said:

I've done a widget called "Check List" - I'm using it to keep track of learning objectives (no we don't have FrogProgress). but it could be used for lots of other things too.  Faster and easier for the typical member of staff than FrogForms. Contribute permission required for students to submit their data to the teacher.

Here is a 30 second video showing a new list of learning objectives being created (most of us have these lists already in word / excel, so wanted to literally be able to paste them all into frog in one go).  

Here is a student filling a list in:

Finally, needed a way of analysing all of the student responses.  Here is a frog app called "Check Lists" which allows you to pick your list and review the submitted responses. No video because of real student names / pictures (blanked out on image below). I've borrowed heavily from the Frog Markbook for this part...

Capture.thumb.PNG.cb84b471b3357238fb5f31020316a694.PNG

Another Conkie Special!  Makes you wonder where he finds the time!!!  ?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Obviously Paul has won this.  Well done @pconkie - we've got  slight issue with publishing his app, so I can't share it yet - but I'll be sharing here as soon as I can.

Well that was a shock......  i thought i might have been in the running!! ?