Pop Up Message / Call to Action

Aimée13

Question

Hi,

I was just wondering if there was a way to have a custom message that we could have pop up when someone logs in.  In the same way that we get latest release information the first time we log in after a roll out, could we have the option for a custom message, to ask users to complete a survey, notify them of a site that has recently been updated, etc etc.  Just so it's right there and they have to actually cross the box out before continuing rather than skimming over text we may write on a page.

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Hi Aimée,

Apart from Frogs Acceptable Usage Policy pop-up box; which can be configured in System Preferences, there is no way to achieve what you have asked other than using a HTML widget like Adrian suggested. If you do want to go down the HTML route, it might be a good idea to ask for some advice in our Coding Forum. 

Thank you,

Patrick

• Thanks 1

Just now, Aimée13 said:

Thank you both.  I think the HTML box may be a bit much when I would only want it there every now and again, but the acceptable use policy idea would probably work for what I need.

Aimée

You could stick a rule on the html widget to only display for a particular amount of time!!  ;)