Booking Calendar

Hello

We're a Frog 3 / Learn school, slowly chipping away at the 3 bits!

We currently use the Booking Calendar as an iPad Booking calendar where staff can enter their own bookings, if it's taken it's taken.
For room requests however they use a form which goes through to the receptionist. She then checks the booking against the school calendar then adds it to a Frog 3 calendar which is accessed by a separate dedicated user account set up in Frog 3 (not my design just what I inherited!) 

Is there a way I can set up the booking calendar so only the receptionist can add items to a 'Hall' or 'Room 221' calendar, but other staff can add what they want to the 'iPad' Booking calendar. I've checked Groups and Policies but I can't see specifics for setting permissions on separate calendars.

Thanks in advance

Paul

• 1 month later...
On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 15:46, C Wilson said:

The Booking Calendar is the last thing we need to replace on our platform to get us off Frog 3. Has there been any mention of MIS timetable data being pulled through into the FrogLearn calendars like in Frog 3?

Can I just bump this up for discussion again!!

Our current room booking is done on a bespoke access database that regularly has issues!!  I want to suggest using Frog again but by the sound of it Froglearn isn't as good as Frog3 at doing it.......  yet???? ¬¬

On 07/11/2017 at 15:52, paulmitchell1989 said:

Where can I find the sharing permissions for individual calendars? All I can see is calendar owner?

Hi @paulmitchell1989,

My day/week for apologising for missed threads/questions.

Booking Calendars and sharing is controlled via Groups & Policies.  Unfortunately, it's all or nothing in terms of individual calendars though.  I suppose we could use CSS to hide the application itself and then you can direct users using the Create Event widget?

2 hours ago, ADT said:

Our current room booking is done on a bespoke access database that regularly has issues!!  I want to suggest using Frog again but by the sound of it Froglearn isn't as good as Frog3 at doing it.......  yet???? ¬¬

FrogLearn's calendar has repeat entries, I used to spend about an hour at the start of term setting up the diary events once the timetable was published.  Ideally we'd improve this, but it's not scheduled for Galileo.

28 minutes ago, paulmitchell1989 said:

@Graham Quince CSS to hide the calendar application would be perfect. In the meantime I've used a create booking widget and hidden it from non-office users and haven't told people about the Calendar app and so far have hoped for the best!

<style>
  .lib_models_quick_launch_59AA476320055C9A605C8F5D5B29BE0A6150860C47762999 {
      display: none !important;
  }
</style>

Will hide the booking calendar from the Quick Launch menu, although the UUID will be different, so you'll need to right-click on the Quick Launch on the Frogbar and choose Inspect Element then open up the DIVs until you see the icon highlighted you want to hide.  Then you can copy that class.  Pretty awkward but it's possible.  

It's almost exactly the same code to hide it in the Applications section of FrogDrive, but the UUID will also be different.