Issue with students saying they've handed in work and haven't - again

pdurber

Question

I know that this is a common question, but.....

Can there be an option to "return all" to students  assignments set to a class, where there should be a file uploaded to the assignment and there isn't?

It is hugely time consuming for staff to go through an assignment and do this individually.

5 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, pdurber said:

I know that this is a common question, but.....

Can there be an option to "return all" to students  assignments set to a class, where there should be a file uploaded to the assignment and there isn't?

It is hugely time consuming for staff to go through an assignment and do this individually.

I made a RFC along the same lines!!!  https://ideas.frogcommunity.com/ideas/FRG-I-1445

• Thanks 1

While you gather more votes and the product team discusses this, one option I have helped roll out is the Assignment Activities Hand-in widget:

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/assignmentactivity

This widget runs a report for a student, highlighting in red any assignments handed-in late and any where the activities were not complete.  You can add this widget to the parent dashboard so they can see how their child's working.

Note:

The widget instructs for 3 FDP permissions to be enabled.  You don't need to activate the "Get assignments data for all users" for parent profiles.

Yes, we've enabled this for staff, I'll think of an effective way to get parents to look at it too.

At the moment though, because we are using frog to show whether lessons are Live, Recorded or Task based for the student's and parent's benefit, each teacher is being asked to check engagement for every lesson.

So, they need to check which students have tried to fool them and re-open any assignments that have not been completed properly to highlight the problem to parents.

Hence the need for some sort of automation as it is proving to be a huge admin issue for the staff.

Is there any way we can write a widget to do this?