Urgent: frog forms and options

pconkie

Question

Firstly please be aware that I couldn't raise this as a ticket since there is an issue with the captcha on the helpdesk site.

Capture.PNG.135e4faa058ea2a93d3aa3e61873195e.PNG

No captcha displayed means no captcha can be entered which means no ticket can be sent.

More urgently than this is that we have just told 300 parents to use a frog form for choosing GCSE options.  We told them that they could save the form and come back to it later to make changes using the EDIT button.  However this appears to be broken. Please can you fix this ASAP! See attached video.

Since we are nominated for a sharing award...

Here is our options form not letting students pick the same subject more than once

And here is the code that does it:

<style>
a.disabled {
  pointer-events: none;
  cursor: default;
  background-color:#999 !important;
}
</style>
<script>
    var $form;
    var that = this;
    var values = [];

setTimeout(function() {
        var $site = that.element.closest(".sites-site-content");
        $form = $site.find("div[data-name='Widget.Forms']");

$form.off("select");
        $form.off("input[type=radio]");

$form.on("change", "select", function() {
            addAlltoArr();
            checkArr();
        });

$form.on("change", "input[type=radio]", function() {
            addAlltoArr();
            checkArr();
        });
    }, 2000);

function addAlltoArr() {
      values = [];
      $form.find("select").each(function() {
          if (this.value != "") {
              values.push(this.value);
          }
      });
        var selected = $form.find("input[type='radio']:checked");
        if (selected.length > 0) {
            selected.each(function() {
                values.push($(this).val());
            });
        }
    }

function checkArr() {
        if (hasDuplicates(values)) {
            alert("You have chosen the same subject twice.\nYou will not be able to save your choices until you fix this.")
            $form.find("#submit_form").addClass("disabled");
        } else {
             $form.find("#submit_form").removeClass("disabled");
        }
    }

function hasDuplicates(array) {
        var valuesSoFar = Object.create(null);
        for (var i = 0; i < array.length; ++i) {
            var value = array[i];
            if (value in valuesSoFar) {
                return true;
            }
            valuesSoFar[value] = true;
        }
        return false;
    }
</script>

• Thanks 2

Just now, ADT said:

Its broken.....  there is a fix but its not ready till the next big release!!

@pconkie sorry mate not what you want to hear...  i have just allowed to do our options via Frog for the first time because of the COIVDS situation...  and i stumbled on the....  cant edit forms issue!! ?

6 minutes ago, pconkie said:

This is the error behind the scenes 

Capture.PNG.8ba3e65e61fb16c5983d6af680dd5ee8.PNG

But when I take off "single form submission" they get to submit the form over and over again rather then edit their existing submission.

So @Graham Quince fix is to leave on single submission..  add the data viewer to the bottom of the form... then parents can edit the submitted form via that rather than via the form!!

2 minutes ago, ADT said:

So @Graham Quince fix is to leave on single submission..  add the data viewer to the bottom of the form... then parents can edit the submitted form via that rather than via the form!!

Thanks @ADTbut the data viewer doesn't have the same validation as that which we have added to the form.  Annoying.  I could have done this in frog code, google or MS forms if I had know!!!

4 minutes ago, pconkie said:

@Graham Quince What does a single submission form setting mean.  I want to know if i have set this correctly.

Hi @pconkie,

Single Submission means that the user who completed the form can only submit once.  When you check this option, you are presented with a second option to allow the user to edit their submission.  This edit option relates directly to the form widget to display the edit button on the widget.

There are two possible short term workarounds to allow parents to update their submissions:

• As Adrian suggests, allow them to make multiple entries
  • As i mentioned, give them access to the data viewer widget, where they can double-click on their entry to change it.

There is a fix identified, but we're not holding it back for the next release - it's currently in QA and when ready - will most likely be included in the next release, unless there is a hotfix first.

3 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

We seem to be posting at the same time as each other.  I'm going to create a ticket for you, and the guys on the helpdesk can answer your questions more fully.

Thanks.  As long as you don't have to enter a CAPTCHA!

On 2/4/2021 at 9:39 AM, pconkie said:

There is a problem with this @Graham Quince The form forces them to choose different subjects.  The dataviewer doesn't.

For example we don't want them to pick Sociology twice or even three times!

How did you do this? I want this functionality on Frog Forms, it's frustrating that it's not built in.

Added a html widget below the form. Added code to that widget to do the extra validation checks not built into frog forms.

Would have been a nice solution had not the editing of frog forms been broken. Must have missed that announcement from frog...

4 hours ago, pconkie said:

Added a html widget below the form. Added code to that widget to do the extra validation checks not built into frog forms.

Would have been a nice solution had not the editing of frog forms been broken. Must have missed that announcement from frog...

So which “fix” did you go with?

20 hours ago, ADT said:

So which “fix” did you go with?

I changing it to a single submission with no editing and told parents to make sure they were sure before submitting!

Of course we have had some emails asking for changes already, but so far this has been minimal.

3 minutes ago, pconkie said:

I changing it to a single submission with no editing and told parents to make sure they were sure before submitting!

Of course we have had some emails asking for changes already, but so far this has been minimal.

This is the first time we have tried it....  430 kids....  370 parents have logged on so far....  109 forms submitted!!  Its a bit of shame...  and the fact there is no intelligence in forms..... but by the sound of it you had a work around...........  but hey it seams to be working!!!  Hopefully we can tweak things if i get the chance to do it again next year!! ?

That's excellent. Thank you.

I started building one a couple of years ago and gave up. My programming skills being sadly lacking.

I use a cloud system that comes with the timetabling software I use so that it doesn't cost me anything. It works well, but it's yet another piece of software to log into.

Not an answer, just a comment. We have had our Option process on Frog for the last three years. We ask Parents to complete the form with their child using the child's account (so they are ideally doing it together). On the whole, this has worked really well. We don't let them edit the form, and they have to have a discussion with our SLT if they wish to change their submission (as it shows that they are still unsure). 

We had the Frog form issue you mention above when we were trying to gain parental consent for the COVID Test. It was very annoying.

• Like 1