Homework planner in Frog

Corinne

I am looking into a solution for homework's/planners in Frog. This was mentioned on the other forum, but that has now disappeared. Does anyone use Frog to manage homework's and students school life? 

Head of ICT likes the look of show my homework, is there a way of achieving the look and feel of this kind of platform but within Frog? We would want it to be functional but also look really good, easy for staff to use and get on board with and for students to want to use - it would be amazing it parent accounts could be linked up too! 

Does anyone have any success stories of using Frog this way? I have the assignment button and also a list of the 5 assignments due in next but head of ICT wants more, and wants it to look much better. Also wants a better staff view if possible too. 

If not we may be going over to show my homework.

Also, we are currently a Frog 3 and Frog Learn school. 

Hi @Corinne,

I've had a quick look on the old forum and there was a discussion regarding planners.  Nobody had posted any screenshots.  There's a few school I know using them, forum regulars @gbligh and @smackie2 both have sites per student.   I have a planner/portfolio site on the Frog store https://frog.frogcommunity.com/planner-portfolio that covers some of the options.

When your ICT head says they want it to "look much better" and "look really good", do you know what they mean?  We're not going to straight copy the design asthetic of SMHW; it depends what's meant by 'look and feel'.  Frog can be a blank canvas for design here.  Have you drawn anything up with the layout you're after?

Regarding the staff view, have you shown them Assignment Monitor?

Obviously with Frog, you get the sites with media and resources, the quiz engine, forum and walls.  You can set Rules to include additional content for staff and/or parents.  You get the parent accounts, FrogSnap for ease of adding to an eportfolio etc...

• Like 1

His words were 'a sleeker sexier interface' He hasn't really explain what that is though in his mind. I will see if he can draw something up, but I think essentially something maybe more color choices, and layout of the calendar I think he liked on there  - the app is pretty plain although has all the functions, the option to filter homework's in the ways smhw does, and choose how many to display/which subject etc. And I think he wants a lot of it done on the page itself not through the assignment app as a pop up. 

I do like the idea of a planner portfolio, would this link to parent accounts? When would this be a possibility, to create a site per student? 

I have shown assignment monitor yes, but to the same response, it would be better with improved looks/easy to operate I think. I think the idea of it looking like a dashboard, with everything embedded and easy to get to would be the ideal 

I think the potential for this is massive but our main set back will come down to access from home and a lack of a robust mobile app. We are currently on a paperless drive across the school and getting rid of paper planners would be awesome however, being such a crucial part of everyday school life this would have to be perfect.

@Graham Quince @Graham Thorpe would it be possible to catch up again at some point regarding Frogs plans for apps.

Imagine a single robust app that was accessible by parents, students and staff and worked for..

• Checking/creating assignments
  • Pushing out notifications
  • Student calendars and time management
  • Student data IE Parent Portal
  • Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Our school have also been looking at SMH and liked it.  We have been trying to demonstrate that a lot of what can be done can also be done in Frog but are having to fill a lot of the gaps.  So far we have created a sandbox / code development site and have created a button to 'Create New Homework', a custom widget to show homework assigned by a member of staff and from a students view homework that has been assigned to them.  We are just looking at creating a button to launch the Assignment Monitor so staff have an overview of all work set in school.  This ticks most of the boxes for us.

See attached.

sandbox.png

• Like 2

Graham,

We have created a button to 'Create a New Assignment' using the the modules_quickassign UI.

var $target = jQuery('[data-action=launch_quick_assign]:first');
  $target.on('click', function(el, ev) { 
  ev.stopPropagation(); 
  el.frogui_modules_quickassign(); 
}.bind($target.get(0), $target));

Is there anyway we can find out what the UI is to launch the Assignments Monitor and/or other modules if FrogLearn please?

• 1 month later...

I did not get a notification about this being updated, but yes we are using the application link for now - it is not being launched yet anyway but there for when it is. 

I am using the outline of the planer portfolio from the Frog Store - do you have any idea of when the code for that, to create one site for each student, will be available?