Code for Fundraising Thermometer

Sue Busher

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2018 at 2:53 PM, Graham Quince said:

@Sue Busher's widget is now on the Community for anyone who would like to install it:

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/tutorials/frogcode/frogcode-showcase#therm

Great widget! However there is a slight problem if you raise more than the goal :D It will go outside the widgets boundaries and onto whatever it above endlessly.

35 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Great widget! However there is a slight problem if you raise more than the goal :D It will go outside the widgets boundaries and onto whatever it above endlessly.

Nice problem to have ;). 

I did wonder what it should do, but decided it breaking out of the thermometer was a good thing, until you increased the goal

52 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Nice problem to have ;). 

I did wonder what it should do, but decided it breaking out of the thermometer was a good thing, until you increased the goal

Maybe limiting it to the goal but adding some sort of mini fireworks and just change the "Raised" number instead of going off the screen. Will be useful to say we overachieved our targets.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, clangstaff said:

@Graham Quince is it possible to remove the currency altogether and have this as just a number target thermometer. Sorry I'm being lazy and don't want to install to find out if that's an option under 'currency'.

This would be great for running software usage competitions such as using it as a GCSEPodometer!

Can confirm what Graham said above is true! Just leave the currency text box blank example:

image.png.f24cac829f1b2e09cd520efc5855777d.png

• Thanks 1