Sue Busher

Code for Fundraising Thermometer

This sounds very similar to the house point totaliser @Virginia Baldock's students were building.

I take it, you'd be happy with setting the values in the preferences and occasionally editing it to get the total to rise?

I feel a coding competition coming on.  Anyone what to accept this challenge?

Ok, well, i'm waiting on a phone call, so looked into this to kill time

Capture.JPG

@Sue Busher - I'll get this widget to you directly.  Everyone else, I'll submit it through our usual process, but you'll have it soon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/12/2018 at 2:53 PM, Graham Quince said:

@Sue Busher's widget is now on the Community for anyone who would like to install it:

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/tutorials/frogcode/frogcode-showcase#therm

Great widget! However there is a slight problem if you raise more than the goal :D It will go outside the widgets boundaries and onto whatever it above endlessly.

35 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Great widget! However there is a slight problem if you raise more than the goal :D It will go outside the widgets boundaries and onto whatever it above endlessly.

Nice problem to have ;). 

I did wonder what it should do, but decided it breaking out of the thermometer was a good thing, until you increased the goal

52 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Nice problem to have ;). 

I did wonder what it should do, but decided it breaking out of the thermometer was a good thing, until you increased the goal

Maybe limiting it to the goal but adding some sort of mini fireworks and just change the "Raised" number instead of going off the screen. Will be useful to say we overachieved our targets.

1 minute ago, mmclaughlin said:

Could we also have a currency chooser.  We don't all use pounds.

:)

Matt

You can change the currency in the settings for the widget!

It's the third setting down :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mmclaughlin said:

My bad... I didn't see it and didn't pull down the widget.  Color me impressed :)

Well, i did try to be inclusive for once

• Haha 1

@Graham Quince is it possible to remove the currency altogether and have this as just a number target thermometer. Sorry I'm being lazy and don't want to install to find out if that's an option under 'currency'.

This would be great for running software usage competitions such as using it as a GCSEPodometer!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, clangstaff said:

@Graham Quince is it possible to remove the currency altogether and have this as just a number target thermometer. Sorry I'm being lazy and don't want to install to find out if that's an option under 'currency'.

This would be great for running software usage competitions such as using it as a GCSEPodometer!

Can confirm what Graham said above is true! Just leave the currency text box blank example:

image.png.f24cac829f1b2e09cd520efc5855777d.png

• Thanks 1