Changing menus to Frog to open external links, subpages and sites

Graham Quince

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:21, Graham Quince said:

This one needs the tutorial to be rewritten.  Give me a chance!

How long does it take to write a tutorial............ you'd be no good at writing lesson plans/PowerPoints :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ADT said:

Sorry mate... an internal Frog site ;)!!

Link to another site
In order to link to another site, we need the Site's alias (named link in the developer tools).  To get this link, we have create a bookmarklet for Google Chrome browsers.   

so the link that looks like /adriantate/somesitehere/ 

are you trying to use my frogcode widget or the HTML widget code?

Just now, Simon Law said:

Link to another site
In order to link to another site, we need the Site's alias (named link in the developer tools).  To get this link, we have create a bookmarklet for Google Chrome browsers.   

so the link that looks like /adriantate/somesitehere/ 

are you trying to use my frogcode widget or the HTML widget code?

Your Frog Code widget ;)

7 hours ago, Simon Law said:

Oh well  :( ...... so have you followed the instructions Mr Quince posted in the link above? My widget used the code from the HTML widget code, so works in a similar way

See I'm stuck on the dragging the text link to the bookmark bar!!!    Its probably something really simple.... but im dragging and nothings happening?

At least it wasn't me!! :P 

But really all you need to do is add something like what Simon said... /adriantate/somesitehere/   and it'll work!!  So you don't need the bookmarklet!! 

While I'm on about broken things....  can someone fix the Template Creator Frog Code Widget that "he who shall not be named" made for me before he left!!!

When clicked it automatically uses a template I have selected and just creates a site!!!

Thanks in advance!! :P

@Graham Quince @Simon Law

Template widget.png

4 minutes ago, ADT said:

While I'm on about broken things....  can someone fix the Template Creator Frog Code Widget that "he who shall not be named" made for me before he left!!!

When clicked it automatically uses a template I have selected and just creates a site!!!

Thanks in advance!! :P

@Graham Quince @Simon Law

That sounds like it's not broken, care to divulge what it does that is not what it should be doing? HWSNBN's stuff tends to land on my plate now

1 hour ago, Simon Law said:

That sounds like it's not broken, care to divulge what it does that is not what it should be doing? HWSNBN's stuff tends to land on my plate now

ok, I have had a look at the widget code and it launches the site creation wizard, with the given site/template you selected.

I can see a failure point if you have selected a site rather than a template as the wizard can only select a template from school templates that you can see, otherwise it defaults to the default template.

I don't know whether it 'missed out' the whole wizard process and just created the site, a kind of fast track?

14 minutes ago, Simon Law said:

ok, I have had a look at the widget code and it launches the site creation wizard, with the given site/template you selected.

I can see a failure point if you have selected a site rather than a template as the wizard can only select a template from school templates that you can see, otherwise it defaults to the default template.

I don't know whether it 'missed out' the whole wizard process and just created the site, a kind of fast track?

Tired calling you but  you were in a meeting!!  Sometimes it easier to explain over the phone!!!

If you hop onto our platform and from the staff dashboard check out the Classroom>New Workspaces>KS3 page! The button used to skip to the "Site Details bit" of the wizard (using the KS3 Template), giving staff a chance to name/theme the workspace before its added to the site list on that page!  It doesn't seam to want to do anything anymore?

I did ask for a button I could put on a site so it could be deleted directly rather than having to go through Frog drive but I never got that...  just you know... while  you are on!! :P

21 minutes ago, ADT said:

Tired calling you but  you were in a meeting!!  Sometimes it easier to explain over the phone!!!

If you hop onto our platform and from the staff dashboard check out the Classroom>New Workspaces>KS3 page! The button used to skip to the "Site Details bit" of the wizard (using the KS3 Template), giving staff a chance to name/theme the workspace before its added to the site list on that page!  It doesn't seam to want to do anything anymore?

I did ask for a button I could put on a site so it could be deleted directly rather than having to go through Frog drive but I never got that...  just you know... while  you are on!! :P

we Dev's are kept in much the same environment as mushrooms, cool, dark and surrounded by soil,

looking now

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Simon Law said:

we Dev's are kept in much the same environment as mushrooms, cool, dark and surrounded by soil,

looking now

Long hair.....  dark clothes...  tend not to wash....  live off sugary drinks...... :P

2 minutes ago, Simon Law said:

looking now

Just discovered something strange.... if I open the KS3 template manually....  then hit the blue create site button...  cancel it...  close the template... the button works as expected??

23 minutes ago, ADT said:

Just discovered something strange.... if I open the KS3 template manually....  then hit the blue create site button...  cancel it...  close the template... the button works as expected??

image.png.7600ea9e274d8bd6e8993e9b38c3aaac.png

Found the little critter!!

OK, your observation was strange until you realise what was happening. 

The sitecreationwizard is a whole load of javascript that is dragged into the platform on demand, unfortunately in the case of the widget, it was not loading it in prior to trying to call it.

A bit like trying to eat a pizza before you've actually ordered it.

So, if you log out then log in again, go to the plus circle, select site, wait for the site wizard to appear, then cancel it, then go to your button, it will work

That can be fixed ... but next week

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Simon Law said:

The sitecreationwizard is a whole load of javascript that is dragged into the platform on demand, unfortunately in the case of the widget, it was not loading it in prior to trying to call it.

So, if you log out then log in again, go to the plus circle, select site, wait for the site wizard to appear, then cancel it, then go to your button, it will work

Glad the javascript makes sense to you!!!!

Thanks Simon!!  Don't forget that delete button while you are on!! Shy bairns get nowt!! :P

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 13:37, Simon Law said:

Cough.....  its next week!!! :P