Impersonate another user

pconkie

Question

11 answers to this question

2 hours ago, pconkie said:

I'm sure @Graham Quince told me that using the users app and admin user could impersonate another user.

Does this feature exist? 

P

I assume @Graham Quince meant you can do this by creating a new user and giving it the profile of the type you want to test. For example, if you wanted to see a site how a student would see it, then create a new user and give it the student profile. You can then log in as that user to test it. You could easily change the profile to another if you wanted to test something different.

It's not as streamlined as being able to press a button and get the same results, but I know something like that has been discussed here before :)

3 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Hey guys.  

Im recovering at home right now, bit in my top tips webinar, I explain how you can change authentication type in the users app to temporarily log in as another user, providing Frog isn't the authentication type to begin with

Ah, yes, that was it - thanks

3 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Hey guys.  

Im recovering at home right now, bit in my top tips webinar, I explain how you can change authentication type in the users app to temporarily log in as another user, providing Frog isn't the authentication type to begin with

Ah another....  not available for Frog3 Froglearn jobs!!!! :P

14 hours ago, ADT said:

Ah another....  not available for Frog3 Froglearn jobs!!!! :P

No, same thing can be done in the Frig3 toolkit.  Look up the user, uncheck the AD box, save and close the user pop up.  Re-open it and you can see a password.  Log in, ideally using incognito, and you can immediately reset the ad checkbox

3 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

No, same thing can be done in the Frig3 toolkit.  Look up the user, uncheck the AD box, save and close the user pop up.  Re-open it and you can see a password.  Log in, ideally using incognito, and you can immediately reset the ad checkbox

And then wait an hour for it to transfer over to Froglearn.....  unless you log in via the Frog3 front end and have a redirect to Froglearn..... 

I know how to do it was just messing..... :P

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, ADT said:

And then wait an hour for it to transfer over to Froglearn.....  unless you log in via the Frog3 front end and have a redirect to Froglearn..... 

I know how to do it was just messing..... :P

Isn't there a button in server configuration -> server schedule -> manual sync on a frog3 toolkit?

:P

9 minutes ago, adamw said:

Isn't there a button in server configuration -> server schedule -> manual sync on a frog3 toolkit?

10 minutes ago, adamw said:

Not for schools....... :P

Untitled-1.fw.png