Homework Calendar

Angeliki Messari

Question

Hi guys

Quick question please. All our Parents can view the Homework Calendar VLE perfectly but we have created a role in VLE called Parent-Staff which gives access to My Child's Work and provided that the right relationships have been set to the Staff Parent member (who is everyon eis staff with kids in our school)  they can see their children's Assignments etc.

However Staff-Parent can not see any entries in the Homework Calendar.  Should that be the case? As I said the Homework calendar works well with our parent VLE profile. What is the problem here? Could you tell?

Many thanks

2 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Angeliki Messari said:

Hi guys

Quick question please. All our Parents can view the Homework Calendar VLE perfectly but we have created a role in VLE called Parent-Staff which gives access to My Child's Work and provided that the right relationships have been set to the Staff Parent member (who is everyon eis staff with kids in our school)  they can see their children's Assignments etc.

However Staff-Parent can not see any entries in the Homework Calendar.  Should that be the case? As I said the Homework calendar works well with our parent VLE profile. What is the problem here? Could you tell?

Many thanks

Hi Angeliki,

The Homework Calendar Widget is designed to display linked children's homework to the Parent profile ONLY. If you linked a child to a staff account, the widget will not work as it's not designed for this, even if you have created a group (Staff-Parent) that has access to the widget.  

I would recommend that if a staff member is also a parent within the school they should have one staff account, and one parent account and the children should be linked to the parent account, and that the staff member uses their parent account to view their children's work.

It may be worth having a look on our Ideas Portal and raising this as a new feature request, as I have not been able to find something similar to what you are trying to do on there.

Hope this clears things up a bit :)

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Angeliki Messari said:

Hi guys

Many thanks

I had that set up in Frog 3....  haven't looked at it in Froglearn!!  

You'd think it should work.....  but then again lots of other common sense things don't!!!!