Parental Engagement Plan

gbligh

I suppose it depends how you have your website/parent portal set up!!

My vision is to use the Website for attracting new business...  and the parent portal for keeping our current customers informed!!  Lets be honest...  we are businesses now not schools!!!

So our parent portal gives parents access to school guides, homework policy's, subject advice, information on e-safety links to other sites etc!!!  We've also used it for giving parents access to trip sites...  surveys...  and started doing our EV7 (the one you need to fill in in case your kid breaks there neck on the trip) forms electronically as well.

I suppose the idea is to have a central hub which you can then funnel appropriate content as and when!!

Hope that was what you were after!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Although this is brief and there is lots more going on behind the scenes we do the following based on lots of feedback and consultation with parents and the wider school community.

Public website:

Our public website is used as a one stop shop for all day to day information about school life. We've added every useful piece of content that we can make publicly available as it is then in one easy to access place online (parents don't need to worry about logins either). As our website isn't built on Frog we have much more flexibility in terms of how that data is managed and updated for example our schools Office 365 calendar automatically syncs with our website generating an up to date live calendar.

www.holmfirthhigh.co.uk

Frog:

For us Frog is now solely a learning platform, all homework is available for parents to view via Frog and the MyFrog app. Any other useful learning resources are also made available on here to parents such as department/revision sites and links to other learning support websites. We even promote and give parents access to GCSEPod via Frog so they can use this to support their child's learning.

MyEd app (PS Engage):

The MyEd mobile app /PSEngage system and is now used as our main means of providing parents with data about their child including behaviour, attendance timetable and school reports. Most of it syncs each night and is available on the app however, reports are emailed to parents as are letters home and various data collection surveys. This platform has lots of potential to completely change the way we work - it is fairly new to the school and we're currently just scratching the surface.

• Thanks 1

On 05/12/2017 at 13:32, clangstaff said:

MyEd app (PS Engage):

The MyEd mobile app /PSEngage system and is now used as our main means of providing parents with data about their child including behaviour, attendance timetable and school reports. Most of it syncs each night and is available on the app however, reports are emailed to parents as are letters home and various data collection surveys. This platform has lots of potential to completely change the way we work - it is fairly new to the school and we're currently just scratching the surface.

I've just had a meeting this morning where the next version of MyFrog was demo-ed.   Parent data, letters, surveys will all be possible using the dashboards section.   As soon as I have screenshots I'll share.

ETA: Feb '18

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We're expecting to release the app to coincide with the next update, the Home Learning update - last date i heard for this was 5th Feb.

The app loads in all your Frog dashboards and allows you to open and close sites.  Homework activities can be completed in the app (including quizzes) and the homework itself can be handed in.  There's a low data mode too, which loads the current app if you are not on WiFI.   (it's a setting though, so your choice)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Because there was no suitable App at the time we implemented parental engagement through our own School App, So its worth remembering that you can just add FROG homepage as a web frame in an existing App if the new update to My Frog still doesn't quite do what you need. 

However there is the massive advantage in the App that parents receive notifications.  

Has anyone had any luck with showing reports from SIMS to parents through Frog? 

Screenshot_20180202-142300.png

Screenshot_20171206-144718.png

Screenshot_20171206-144320.png

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, nward said:

On the app is there a way of making the first page viewed the dashboard as mine tends to revert to assignments all the time?

Not at the moment, but I'm hoping to get the developers to add more choice like this.  Part of the reason we start on the assignments list is to save everyone's data.  By default the app installs set to minimal data and only load dashboards over WiFi.  You can switch this option off, of course.

• Like 1