Lookup a students' assignments

pconkie

We have a new process for monitoring regularity and quality of home learning (all of which are now done via assignment manager).

Happy to share this frog code app which allows Tutors, Heads of House/Year, SLT to lookup what has been assigned to a student and act accordingly.   I will ensure this app continues to work if frog change api's in the future as it is part of our internal systems.  

I realise this functionality is available in the assignment monitor app, but we do not wish to share this app with staff as it would allow them to lookup staff as well as students!

A quick screen shot...

Capture.PNG.b17e484f2340763a79b144004e80299b.PNG

Paul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pconkie said:

We have a new process for monitoring regularity and quality of home learning (all of which are now done via assignment manager).

Happy to share this frog code app which allows Tutors, Heads of House/Year, SLT to lookup what has been assigned to a student and act accordingly.   I will ensure this app continues to work if frog change api's in the future as it is part of our internal systems.  

I realise this functionality is available in the assignment monitor app, but we do not wish to share this app with staff as it would allow them to lookup staff as well as students!

A quick screen shot...

Capture.PNG.b17e484f2340763a79b144004e80299b.PNG

Paul

Throw it over here...  was looking for something for our pastoral team... when parents call to say little Johnny's had homework!!!  They can check themselves!!!

At least you're keeping yourself busy till you have to think about time tables again!!! :D

@pconkie That's great - we've just been thinking about the best way of staff doing this. Any chance of getting the code?

Not sure how feasible this would be but a few thoughts on how it could become even more powerful..

If a member of staff could search for a group ,form group or even year group and the results returned was a list of all students who are members of that group with an overview summary of their assignment activity. Similar to the image attached.

Then on clicking the student they are taken into the list of all the assignments for that student as you have shown.

What this would achieve is a simple way for form tutors and pastoral staff to see which students are following protocol and formally handing work in to staff by clicking complete assignment. It would also help staff find the assignment info for groups of children without having to manually type each name one by one.

student-assignmnet-overview.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

html, css and javascript attached (application uuid needs to be changed to match your new app)

student lookup.txt

@clangstaff That's a nice suggestion. How often would you envisage the totals get re-set? every term, every year, never? Alternatively an option to filter by date is probably needed?

I'm not aware of an api that would provide this information.  The helpful admins from frog might say otherwise.  

If there isn't an api we could extract it from the assignmentreports.getData api but it might get a bit messy and probably slow for large groups.

I'll have a think....

P

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pconkie said:

html, css and javascript attached (application uuid needs to be changed to match your new app)

student lookup.txt

@clangstaff That's a nice suggestion. How often would you envisage the totals get re-set? every term, every year, never? Alternatively an option to filter by date is probably needed?

I'm not aware of an api that would provide this information.  The helpful admins from frog might say otherwise.  

If there isn't an api we could extract it from the assignmentreports.getData api but it might get a bit messy and probably slow for large groups.

I'll have a think....

P

Thanks again Paul. I'll have a play around with this and get a few staff testing too - where exactly are you getting the uuid from in Frog is it from the assignment manager code?

I suppose the totals would be most effective if they were updated in loading the page then it would be easy to spot a student who was not following protocol. I guess the filtering by date would be useful if a student had begun to start completing assignments but had not always done so.

I would envisage this mainly being used for smaller groups rather than whole year groups - as you say the loading time would be a big factor.

Cheers,

Chris

Edited by clangstaff

@Graham Quince Can you find out for me whether in this api...

Frog.Model.api('assignmentreports.getData', {
  limit: "30",
  filters: {status: ["open", "closed", "archived"]},
  report_name: "parent.child_assignments",
  offset: "0",
  options: {child_uuid: childuuid},
  order: [{
    direction: "desc",
    term: "due_date"
  }]
})

There exists the option to filter by issue date?

Thanks

P

9 minutes ago, pconkie said:

@Graham Quince Can you find out for me whether in this api...

Frog.Model.api('assignmentreports.getData', {
  limit: "30",
  filters: {status: ["open", "closed", "archived"]},
  report_name: "parent.child_assignments",
  offset: "0",
  options: {child_uuid: childuuid},
  order: [{
    direction: "desc",
    term: "due_date"
  }]
})

There exists the option to filter by issue date?

Thanks

P

I've had a really quick look at the code and it looks like In the filters you can send an additional param: 

issue_date: { from: xxxxxxxx, to: xxxxxxxx }

Where xxxxxxxx is a unix timestamp.  You can also do the same with due_date. I've not had time to test it sorry, but something like that should work. So your filters will look something like:

filters: {status: ["open", "closed", "archived"], issue_date {from: xxxxxxx, to: xxxxxxx} },

Give it a bash and let me know if it doesn't work and I'll have a proper look into it when I get a free moment :)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, adamw said:

I've had a really quick look at the code and it looks like In the filters you can send an additional param: 

issue_date: { from: xxxxxxxx, to: xxxxxxxx }

Where xxxxxxxx is a unix timestamp.  You can also do the same with due_date. I've not had time to test it sorry, but something like that should work. So your filters will look something like:

filters: {status: ["open", "closed", "archived"], issue_date {from: xxxxxxx, to: xxxxxxx} },

Give it a bash and let me know if it doesn't work and I'll have a proper look into it when I get a free moment :)

This works great @adamw, thanks! Now i can add filters for academic year....

filters: {status: ["open", "closed", "archived"], issue_date: {from: 1504224000} },

Edited by pconkie

1 hour ago, pconkie said:

This works great @adamw, thanks! Now i can add filters for academic year....

filters: {status: ["open", "closed", "archived"], issue_date: {from: 1504224000} },

Nice, 

Regarding academic years there's a fdp1 endpoint /academicyear/get, which will should return all the academic years and any periods inside them (spring term, summer term etc....) set up in frog. (I think you may have to have progress though, as they are defined in curriculum designer).

• 4 months later...
24 minutes ago, pconkie said:

This is the error in the console when the frogcode widget opens. Any devs got any ideas if this is stopping the app from closing?Capture.PNG.f69f2273dc7499b02a71ed4ab39baf7f.PNG

Hi @pconkie,

This was introduced in the last patch. We have fixed it but I have no idea when that fix will get to you. @Graham Quince can you chase this one from a customer perspective as then Paul won't have to wait until Galileo for the fix.

~ Chris

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Chris.Smith said:

Hi @pconkie,

This was introduced in the last patch. We have fixed it but I have no idea when that fix will get to you. @Graham Quince can you chase this one from a customer perspective as then Paul won't have to wait until Galileo for the fix.

~ Chris

Flagged up and chased.  You'll all probably know before me in regards to ETA

• Thanks 1