Shared Classes

njw499

Question

3 answers to this question

If you're experiencing issues with getting information from SIMS into Frog, I would first check that your extractor has been running and is successfully sending the XML file to Frog. You can do this by checking System Preferences > Maintenance > MIS Import and checking when the latest xml file received from MIS server was. If it was sent overnight or it was sent the last time you ran it, then you can rule out that an issue with the extractor not running. If the extractor isn't running, you will need to troubleshoot why before moving forward.

If it is running, the next thing to check would be the extractor itself. If you open it up, you need to make sure that you have the correct boxes ticked to ensure you pull all the information you need into Frog. You will need to make sure you have all the Groups and Group memberships ticked to pull the class information through. If you have these options ticked, you can go back into Frog and go to FrogDrive > Applications > Groups and Policies and then select Class from the drop down menu. This should display all classes within Frog. If you have classes that have a tick on the right hand side under the 'MIS' column, this means that Frog is pulling class information from SIMS successfully and that class is MIS linked. If this isn't the case, you will need to log into SIMS and ensure that the user who logs in via the extractor has the correct permissions within SIMS. That user will need to be in the following groups:

TP Super User

Third Part Reporting

Third Party User management

If this still doesn't work, I would speak with your SIMS manager and ask them to double check that the classes are still in SIMS.

If you have checked all these and you still can't see the classes, please contact the Service Desk. 

@njw499 due to the nature of the question, being an MIS issue - I would recommend raising a ticket via the service desk. This will allow us to specifically look at your platform, and find out what could be causing the issue. We can post the findings on here afterwards (without any sensitive information) in case it helps anyone else facing the same issue.

If you email servicedesk@frogeducation.com or give us a call on 01422 395939 (or even send me a PM) we'll pick this up for you.