Old forum going

Graham Quince

Hi folks,

The old forum needs multiple security updates and is proving to be quite time-consuming to maintain.   

So we are thinking of shutting it down, in fact we're going to shut it down. We have an offline back up so if anybody is ever desperate we might be able to access it.  But if there's anything you think you might want (any code from the code snippets, that sort of thing), it's worth grabbing it as soon as possible.

Here's a link to the old forum:

http://forum.froginfra.net/

I've already grabbed the snow / leaves code.

Graham 

Surely...  you will be taking all the useful stuff from the old forum and migrating it to the new one.....  or lots of important tricks and hints will be lost forever...  or until someone askes for help again????????

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Unfortunately yes.   I still have access though, so if there's anything you think was on the old forum i will look it up for you.   

Sorry it disappeared a lot sooner than we would have liked.

I was looking for a way to link a site to a button on the dashboard without having it open a whole new FrogLearn in a new tab!!

8 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

What are you trying to acheive, because my initial read of your description sounds like a site link

Sorry mate...  really not getting my head around code at the moment!!! 

So on our main Dashboard I have a link to my Frog Skills Site....  using the External Link Widget!!!  So it works...  but it opens a new tab and a whole new version of FrogLearn!!!!

So I want it to just open the site in the current tab not a new tab!!

This is probably dead easy...  but what with a cold and lack of sleep (bloody kids), having to teach full time (more bloody kids) and to be honest my loathing of coding.... to coin a phrase which some of my Yr 9s say when Im trying to teach them...  "I don't get It....."

Hiya

Just dialled in to check out what's going on.   Interesting issue.  Because the site is Private and only shared with Staff, it wasn't showing up in the site widget search.   So i made the site public in school, added a site Link widget, set it to Frog Skills!, then made Frog Skills private again.  (bizarre)

I've used a Rule to hide your original link - in case i've done it wrong.  But i think that's what you're after