FrogCode widget - Assignment Activity Hand-ins

Graham Quince

This widget is the idea of John Parsons at Winston Churchill, but it's already gone into a few schools.  Seems some students have figured out they can click the Hand-in button on an assignment and this removes the work from their To-Do list.  Teacher can and do return the assignment to the pupils, re-opening it, but John wanted tutors and Heads-of-Year to be able to check on a child and get a report on all their assignments.

assignment_activity_handins.png

While you can (sort-of) admire the thinking of these children, it's best if we can identify them and this widget takes care of that.  

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/assignmentactivity

Notes:

This widget uses the Select User widget to search for a student.  You can find this in Widgets > Advanced.

In order for this widget to work, the following Frog Developer Platform APIs must be enabled via Groups & Policies (either for the Staff Profile or a group)

On 16/10/2020 at 12:56, Graham Quince said:

This widget is the idea of John Parsons at Winston Churchill, but it's already gone into a few schools.  Seems some students have figured out they can click the Hand-in button on an assignment and this removes the work from their To-Do list.  Teacher can and do return the assignment to the pupils, re-opening it, but John wanted tutors and Heads-of-Year to be able to check on a child and get a report on all their assignments.

assignment_activity_handins.png

While you can (sort-of) admire the thinking of these children, it's best if we can identify them and this widget takes care of that.  

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/assignmentactivity

Notes:

This widget uses the Select User widget to search for a student.  You can find this in Widgets > Advanced.

In order for this widget to work, the following Frog Developer Platform APIs must be enabled via Groups & Policies (either for the Staff Profile or a group)

Open.....  Closed but not both????

• 2 weeks later...

Different API - which brings back information in a different format.

Paul uses assignmentreports.getData which returns all the information he needs.

I used the FDP's assignment.getAssigned which contains all the information I needed.  If I was to use the other API, I would need to make further API calls - which would slow down the search and add strain to the server.

1 hour ago, Graham Quince said:

Different API - which brings back information in a different format.

Paul uses assignmentreports.getData which returns all the information he needs.

I used the FDP's assignment.getAssigned which contains all the information I needed.  If I was to use the other API, I would need to make further API calls - which would slow down the search and add strain to the server.

See your looks nicer and works on the page......  but Conkie does what I need it to!!! ?

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...