Calendar on mobile app

Sharon James

Question

17 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Sharon James said:

I'm on a Samsung galaxy 7.

Screenshot_20170908-155144.png

Thank you for supplying the screenshot :)

I can see you are accessing Frog from the Chrome browser. We are currently working through our applications at the moment to become more mobile responsive on mobile browsers, which should be available in the near future, however, there is no definitive date on this yet. 

As a workaround, you could set a site up with a mobile responsive theme, and drag a Calendar Widget on the site and set it to display the necessary calendars you need, so when you next access on your mobile, your calendar(s) should display much better within the site. 

If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask.

15 minutes ago, Sharon James said:

I use the calendar a lot but on the mobile app it cuts half of it off. Are there any plans to rectify this?

Hi Sharon,

In order to understand the issue you are having on a deeper level, please could you answer the following for me;

Would you kindly confirm which version of the app you are using please? i.e iOS or Android.

Would it be at all possible to provide a screenshot of the app cutting half of the calendar view off?

Are you logging into the app as a staff member, student, or parent?

Look forward to hearing from you :)

44 minutes ago, Gareth Davies (Frog) said:

The new MyFrog mobile app will be available on the Android store some time next week, too - this includes a full calendar in it, built specially for mobile.

Not that I know more about your company than you.......  but its erm... already out!!!! :P

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.frogeducation.myfrog

Edited by ADT
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Sharon James said:

I have downloaded the new app and then I went to the calendar in list view and it is exactly the same!!!!!!  Split in half.

Hi Sharon,

I have the same phone as you, so I tested this. Can I confirm that this is what you are seeing?

Screenshot_20170911-101705.png

If so, if you swipe down on the calendar, you should see the whole month:

Screenshot_20170911-101915.png

Hope this helps!

Adam

Hmm, I'm not sure why Frog is opening in a browser for you. Using the app should look different:

myfrog.mp4

I've recorded a quick clip from my phone which shows how it should work. Can you confirm that you are following the same steps? Obviously when you enter the school URL, you would enter your schools Frog Address and not the test one I entered :)

Thanks!

36 minutes ago, Sharon James said:

No. Just getting exactly same problem

Screenshot_20170911-103243.png

Hi @Sharon James,

I saw this problem in testing.  It's a niggle for Frog3-FrogLearn schools.  The hotfix going out will correct this.  In the meantime, the devs tell me that if you tap the back button a couple of times it will load the app as expected.  Once the hotfix in installed, you won't have this problem again.

5 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi @Sharon James,

I saw this problem in testing.  It's a niggle for Frog3-FrogLearn schools.  The hotfix going out will correct this.  In the meantime, the devs tell me that if you tap the back button a couple of times it will load the app as expected.  Once the hotfix in installed, you won't have this problem again.

Ah that makes sense, I was wondering how that view was being displayed on the app instead of the correct one. Sorry for the inconvenience @Sharon James - We'll get it straightened out ASAP!

Done both and still the same.  Unless there is something specific that can be done, please stop suggesting things that don't work.  I have tried everything and it is pretty obvious that this is a fault with the frog app.  I have spent hours on this and I am trying to get on with my job.  No offence.

Hi Sharon,

i'm sorry you feel messed around.  The last two posts of mine were following consultation with a developer from the app team.  

Are you free for a phone call tomorrow?  We have been unable to replicate this issue, as all the steps suggested have worked for us.  If you can help us get to the bottom of the issue, we'll be able to identify the cause and fix it (hopefully)

Graham