Using ADFS to authenticate/link directly to a Frog site?

sfoster

Question

Good Morning Folks,

I was wandering if anyone could help me out. 

We are currently using ADFS to authenticate our students in Frog from a link on out intranet (See Fig.1).

Of course this works seemlessly.  However we have some sites which have been created in Frog which we link to the page directly (again from the intranet - See Fig.2)

If students / staff are not logged in to Frog they are passed onto the login page (See Fig.3) - and must sign in before being routed through to the site.

So my questions is Q: Is there a way we can pre-authenticate users using ADFS so that they go straight through to these site without having to sign in to Frog (if they are not signed in)??

Thanks for any help.

Simon

Fig3.jpg

Fig2.jpg

fig1.jpg

3 answers to this question

Hi Simon - I understand you have had a discussion with Tracy Rauch directly about this.  For anyone else reading this, the outcome of this conversation is that a direct link (even though ADFS) is configured will not work as it won't initiate the login process. Whereby if you navigate to your school Frog URL /app/adfs this is the ADFS endpoint in Frog facilitating the sign on process between ADFS and Frog.  
We can see how this could be beneficial to schools and therefore this technical RFC has been raised with the product team to review. As soon this has been discussed an an outcome agreed we will get back in touch!

Hi @sfoster I would have thought if ADFS was working as expected, the platform shouldn't care which page you access first, you should be already logged in.

I'm going to run this past my colleague Tracy to check what could be causing this to not work properly for you - will get back to you shortly!