Davinci update no page url for sub category pages

Guesty81

Question

Hi I have been creating our school website through Frog and it has been going well. As part of it I am using the page links given when you add a page and not displaying in them in the overarching menu so that it remains neat and user friendly.

Then the davinci update happened and when I create a page in the sub menu it doesn't give me the page url to use (I have added a pic of where it was and how it isn't there anymore). Now I can only get the page url if it is at the top of the menu hierarchy. Is this the only way to do this now or is there another way?

I'd really appreciate a quick response as I have to show the site ready for our INSET training to start the year off! 

Thanks in advance :)

Chris

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 19.01.52.png

5 answers to this question

13 hours ago, Guesty81 said:

Hi I have been creating our school website through Frog and it has been going well. As part of it I am using the page links given when you add a page and not displaying in them in the overarching menu so that it remains neat and user friendly.

Then the davinci update happened and when I create a page in the sub menu it doesn't give me the page url to use (I have added a pic of where it was and how it isn't there anymore). Now I can only get the page url if it is at the top of the menu hierarchy. Is this the only way to do this now or is there another way?

I'd really appreciate a quick response as I have to show the site ready for our INSET training to start the year off! 

Thanks in advance :)

Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry, but the only direct links Frog sites have are for top level pages.  Nothing to do with da Vinci, it's just never been possible.

One possible hack:

1. Create a top-level page
  2. Add a nested page widget and point it to the sub page
  3. Copy the URL for this top level page
  4. Hide this page from the menu

Graham

• Like 2

On 31/08/2017 at 9:21 PM, THaines said:

When did you get the da Vinci update? We're still on Austen at the mo so I can't login and have a look!

Hi Tom.

Hope you're well?

You should now have the da Vinci release on your platform, tested myself and can see that you now have it, please do let us know if you encounter any login issues moving forward and we will assure to rectify it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom Keegan said:

Hi Tom.

Hope you're well?

You should now have the da Vinci release on your platform, tested myself and can see that you now have it, please do let us know if you encounter any issues with it however.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Tom

Thanks Tom!

• Like 1

On 01/09/2017 at 5:00 PM, THaines said:

Thanks Tom!

Hi Tom,

No problem at all, if you have any further questions about the new da Vinci release or for Frog in general, please do not hesitate to ask.

Have a great weekend.