Page Menu / Headlines - UPDATED 26/04/21 - Version 0.2.4

Graham Quince

This widget got a little overlooked, but it was originally designed with the Frog Academy newsfeed site in mind.  It creates a menu in a page, listing the subpages.

prefs.PNG

menu2.PNG

menu.PNG

lozengelinks.PNG

I realised after the initial use, that it was a simple way to make menus too, so added the list option.

Link: https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/page-menu

There is a bug in Package Manager at the moment, which has be fixed and will be part of the next update.

@gbligh - There is a workaround I can try for your Frog, it involves deleting the existing widget - which will remove it from anywhere it currently is.  I can then install the updated version

@ADT - you haven't got the widget installed, so I think we have to wait for the update and see if that solves the problem.

On 24/08/2020 at 09:12, Graham Quince said:

There is a bug in Package Manager at the moment, which has be fixed and will be part of the next update.

@gbligh - There is a workaround I can try for your Frog, it involves deleting the existing widget - which will remove it from anywhere it currently is.  I can then install the updated version

@ADT - you haven't got the widget installed, so I think we have to wait for the update and see if that solves the problem.

Well it wasn't part of the update yesterday...  but i have been able to update the visitor log widget that i couldn't before???

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

I reported this as a bug and it looks like its been worked on.  Did you get any updates as to when you'll get the fix?

You did.....  but no.....  i guess its in the queue!!

• Graham Quince changed the title to Page Menu / Headlines - UPDATED 26/04/21 - Version 0.2.4

I had a little time on Friday and have updated the widget quite a bit.  It now has a view which lists page links horizontally, but it can also be used to display a list of any set of subpages. It's not limited to subpages from a top tier.  It allows you to add a submenu for a whole section to each page in that area and it will list the same info.   And you don't have to keep using the page navigation, as it displays the Page UUID in the editor:

page menu.PNG