Year 13 classes issue

pconkie

Question

We are still doing a lot of work with our Year 13 students via frog.  However we can no longer select a Year 13 class to add as recipients to an assignment

The classes are still visible in the groups app and are populated with the correct students.

Any idea what is going on?

12 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, pconkie said:

We are still doing a lot of work with our Year 13 students via frog.  However we can no longer select a Year 13 class to add as recipients to an assignment

The classes are still visible in the groups app and are populated with the correct students.

Any idea what is going on?

Have you rolled SIMs over???  Are they still MIS linked??

I think Adrian might be right.  The Year 13 group is MIS linked, but there are no members in it and most of the Year 13 classes have lost their MIS tick.

I can create a ticket for the team to look into this for you, but it might be worth checking what's happening in SIMS.

So I can see now that the MIS link tick has gone, but the groups are still in frog and those groups still have members and leader(s).

We haven't rolled SIMS over but Year 13 may have gone past their end of course date in course manager.

Still, is it the case that if they are not MIS linked they can not have an assignment set?

9 minutes ago, pconkie said:

So I can see now that the MIS link tick has gone, but the groups are still in frog and those groups still have members and leader(s).

We haven't rolled SIMS over but Year 13 may have gone past their end of course date in course manager.

Still, is it the case that if they are not MIS linked they can not have an assignment set?

Its because they are classes...  so if they aren't MIS linked they dont show up if you go to set assignments etc!!  

However if you manually search for a class.... (see image) ? However i was told this is a bug and it shouldn't do that!! 

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 09.53.07.png

19 minutes ago, pconkie said:

Tried manually searching. No luck!

Thats strange....  I can find one group....  but as Quincy just said i had duplicated it and called it OLD when i was doing some testing!!

Is there not a quick way to change the type of a lot of groups at once switch them from Classes to clubs???  @Graham Quince

15 minutes ago, ADT said:

Thats strange....  I can find one group....  but as Quincy just said i had duplicated it and called it OLD when i was doing some testing!!

Is there not a quick way to change the type of a lot of groups at once switch them from Classes to clubs???  @Graham Quince

Probably only by using a CSV import?