Quick Launch

gbligh

We currently have our quick launch icon hidden as it confused staff when we first launched.

I’d like to bring it back however there isn’t enough controls for it. Are there plans to do so? Or could a FrogCode solution be a way to do it?

Ideally I’d like to add and remove links in quick launch based on group or profile.

Hi George,

The UX for the Quick Launch is a little confusing, but actually is based on access controlled by Groups and Policies.  For instance, if you add Assignment Monitor as a Global link, it will only show up as a link for those individuals who have access to Assignment Monitor.

Sites can be added via FrogDrive and again, will only show up for those who have access.

The only time this doesn't apply is with Internet Links.  But you can use the following CSS to hide these:

<style>
    .lib_models_quick_launch_UUID_OF_LINK {
        display: none !important;
    }
</style>

Getting the UUID is a little tricky, as we're using right-click on the Quick Launch items to offer an open second instance option, but you can right-click in the space and choose Inspect, then move up through the code to find the list:

quick_launch.PNG

• Like 1

I’ve asked about a way to have things in the quick launch visible/invisible by profile.......  I want to say that was years ago............  pre us moving to FrogLearn!!

1 hour ago, Graham Quince said:

As far as I know, when you edit a Quick Launch and remove a Global item (something limited to Admins) it removes for all.

@Tom, @Matt - is that you're understanding?

There are also some things that you can't seem to remove from Quick Launch at all

1 minute ago, gbligh said:

Quite a lot of the default ones like Markbook, FrogDrive I think

These are not available in parent profiles so like Quincy says its i will be down to Profile setting!

2 minutes ago, ADT said:

These are not available in parent profiles so like Quincy says its i will be down to Profile setting!

But what if I don't want all staff to have full access to FrogDrive? We have quite a clear and careful directed way of staff accessing stuff here, and FrogDrive can be quite confusing!

Just now, gbligh said:

But what if I don't want all staff to have full access to FrogDrive? We have quite a clear and careful directed way of staff accessing stuff here, and FrogDrive can be quite confusing!

You'll have to use the HTML I posted, but probably also need a Group search before it, as the HTML widget kicks in before Rules do

28 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

You'll have to use the HTML I posted, but probably also need a Group search before it, as the HTML widget kicks in before Rules do

Worked for me......  although it would be better if it was a rule or something instead of HTML!!

• Like 1