Frog Drive Capacity Issue

Sue Busher

Question

As a large school with 1800 pupils, our teachers are setting at four lessons a day for our pupils and two assemblies a week. As you can imagine, when assignments are uploaded with resources, it goes into Frog Drive and there is currently no way of easily viewing and deleting the documents. We can't keep throwing additional storage to it. Has anyone written an code which can somehow pull in the information in Frog Drive to help us easily identify large files or the dates associated with the files so we can remove them over half term?

8 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Sue Busher said:

Thanks @ADT. I will mention this as a workaround to our IT Team, but we shouldn't really need a work around for basic system management stuff. It just muddies the waters.

See we don’t see it as a work around....  with O365 being online... files can be access on any device anywhere in the world at any time!!!  Linking it to Frog rather than uploading means it can still be adapted even after it’s been set as an assignment!!!  And it doesn’t take up space on the school servers!!!

We had a similar issue...... when i asked about working out where the space is being used i was told that wasn't possible.  This was something you could have done in Frog3 :frog3!!

Anyway we have set up SharePoint Groups in O365 and are asking staff to upload to those department areas and then link to an assignment/site on Frog!!  At least that should save a bit of space!!

35 minutes ago, Sue Busher said:

Ohhhh, hadn't looked at it that way. Thanks

The joys of the forum....  looking at a situation with a different pair of eyes can come up with a different solution.....  and sometimes with added bonuses!! ?

3 hours ago, Sue Busher said:

@ADT Me again. How did you get around the permissioning? Would it be possible for our IT Manager to give you a call about your O365 set up/Frog?

We have hit serious capacity issues.

I'm not sure how much help i can be i dont have access to our O365 system....  but i can try and help!!  Teams meeting so we can screenshare???

• Thanks 1