Make any worksheet consumable

pconkie

What do we have lots of? 

Well, I've got loads of worksheets - some really good 'old ones' long since scanned to computer and of course all the recent ones created on computer....

Most of them are sat in frog sites so that students can download and print them off should they lose their own.

But what if all of these worksheets could be completed on frog without the need to turn them into frog quizzes or use a third-party site or app?

Well, as this is the showcase.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2QYvi40BJqDRWw0N3JPVUdqWk0/view?usp=sharing

Sorry there is no sound on the video, I need to invest in a microphone!

Features

Could be used as a basic painting app

Allows a file to be loaded into the background - this means you can write, type and draw over the top but the eraser won't wipe out the underlying file!

Normal and full-screen modes

Zoom and pan - watch the ink marks move with the worksheet

Save button produces a .png file of the entire work which can be saved in the usual way or copied and pasted into a document (or uploaded and handed in!)

It's based on http://literallycanvas.com. All I have done is make it work in frog and integrate it with FrogDrive.

To do

Save the ink so the student can return to the worksheet later (if only there was a way of saving data in frog!)

Save the ink and display to the teacher all of the worksheets in their current states - with some work it should be possible for the teacher to "watch live" as the worksheet is completed and so know where to target help first.

Think about what happens \ what we would want to happen, if this is part of a site that has been assigned to a group/student.

Only works for image files at the moment - any server side devs at frog got anything for on demand file conversion?

If anyone can help with any of this we can share the code and half the work...

Paul

Edited by pconkie
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, pconkie said:

Zoom and pan - watch the ink marks move with the worksheet

Save button produces a .png file of the entire work which can be saved in the usual way or copied and pasted into a document (or uploaded and handed in!)

It's based on http://literallycanvas.com. All I have done is make it work in frog and integrate it with FrogDrive.

To do

Save the ink so the student can return to the worksheet later (if only there was a way of saving data in frog!)

Save the ink and display to the teacher all of the worksheets in their current states - with some work it should be possible for the teacher to "watch live" as the worksheet is completed and so know where to target help first.

Any chance of this being shared :D

You were there at the conference!

"Paul is happy to share FrogSeats with the wider Frog community, but as a deputy head, he is concerned about finding time to support his code.   Paul's code relies heavily on Frog's internal APIs which are subject to change by our developers.  When we update FrogLearn's code, the seating app may stop working.  I do not think any changes we are making in the Da Vinci release (October) will have an impact, but cannot guarantee that is the case.

If you're still happy to proceed, I can install FrogSeats for you and talk you through how to get started."

24 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

You were there at the conference!

"Paul is happy to share FrogSeats with the wider Frog community, but as a deputy head, he is concerned about finding time to support his code.   Paul's code relies heavily on Frog's internal APIs which are subject to change by our developers.  When we update FrogLearn's code, the seating app may stop working.  I do not think any changes we are making in the Da Vinci release (October) will have an impact, but cannot guarantee that is the case.

If you're still happy to proceed, I can install FrogSeats for you and talk you through how to get started."

I'll give it a go...  I assume I'll have to work out how to get staff and student photos from Sims as well!!!  Think Paul did something about that as well....  he'll be doing you out of a job soon!!!!!!!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2017 at 05:13, Graham Quince said:

Student photos will be uploadable via the Service Desk from Da Vinci.   

FrogSeats is installed for you now.  Don't get shouty if it doesn't work with your Frog3/FrogLearn setup ;)

Where does one find out more info on FrogSeats?  Searched the Forum but seems to be relevant to this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 09:13, Graham Quince said:

Student photos will be uploadable via the Service Desk from Da Vinci.   

FrogSeats is installed for you now.  Don't get shouty if it doesn't work with your Frog3/FrogLearn setup ;)

By the way I don't think its works with my Frog3/FrogLearn setup............ oops sorry....  BY THE WAY I DONT THINK IT WORKS WITH MY FROG3/FROGLEARN SETUP!!!! :rf

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...