Bulk Import, not through SiMs

pdurber

Question

Due to the current situation

We're looking to create some "transition" groups in Frog for year 11's going into 12 and Year 8's going into 9's in September.

This is to keep them going with work over the lockdown and into the Summer holidays.

Most of the year 11's that have applied for our 6th form are already students who attend with us, but there are around 30 who are coming from other Schools.

The year 8's are coming from Middle Schools, So are not currently on our Roll, But we obviously have their details as they have applied to start with us in September.

The question is:- Can I bulk import the information into Frog somehow? So there would be a group called say,  12Transition Maths, which would contain all the students who have applied for A Level Maths.

Just wondering, to save some admin time.

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, pdurber said:

Due to the current situation

We're looking to create some "transition" groups in Frog for year 11's going into 12 and Year 8's going into 9's in September.

This is to keep them going with work over the lockdown and into the Summer holidays.

Most of the year 11's that have applied for our 6th form are already students who attend with us, but there are around 30 who are coming from other Schools.

The year 8's are coming from Middle Schools, So are not currently on our Roll, But we obviously have their details as they have applied to start with us in September.

The question is:- Can I bulk import the information into Frog somehow? So there would be a group called say,  12Transition Maths, which would contain all the students who have applied for A Level Maths.

Just wondering, to save some admin time.

You can create a csv file and then bulk import information into Frog.  For instance we (normally) have a Bridging Course for students that are thinking of coming to our 6th Form... current Yr 11's and others ET's!!  All i do is create a csv for the external kids with certain fields and upload them to Frog!!  I'll dig out a copy of the spreadsheet i use that might help!!

• Thanks 1

DOH!

Why didn't I look there!

Thank you very much.

Just a quick question. In your file, you have the Authentication set to Active Directory. Are you adding the ET's to AD too? I was going to set them all to Frog, or does Frog push through to AD as well as read from it?

6 minutes ago, pdurber said:

DOH!

Why didn't I look there!

Thank you very much.

Just a quick question. In your file, you have the Authentication set to Active Directory. Are you adding the ET's to AD too? I was going to set them all to Frog, or does Frog push through to AD as well as read from it?

We create the kids AD accounts first so they can logon to desktops in school.... I then use that username to create the accounts on Frog....  so they only need to know one username/password!! 

Hi @pdurber

One word of caution - while you can create all these users via CSV, they will have new accounts created in the next academic year from the MIS import.  If these users are creating any work, having any assignments set etc.. then these will be attached to the manually created accounts.  You can switch the MIS tag from the MIS imported accounts to the CSV imported ones, but it's on an individual basis in the users app.