Browser back-button

Graham Quince

In Austen, we added a new feature to pop up a warning message if you click the back button, home button, shortcuts, bookmarks, then you'll get a pop-up asking if you're sure.  Hopefully this will save you countless minor irritations.  However, this feature has to be enabled via the service desk.  Our developers were worried about annoying you with the pop up.   If you'd like this activated (and trust me, i think you would) then contact the service desk team and they will happily set it for you.    Service desk: 01422 395939

BAC946A720030E131B155F07AA7487035FA18D5C

https://www.frogcommunity.com/austen/learn

As far as I'm aware, this is the first step in adding better browser integration. Frog is a Single-page-application type of site, with the ability to open multiple sites and apps.  Quite how we / you / would want the back button to behave is still being worked out.  

For instance, should the back button return you to the previous page or previous site?  Do we need to record your movements across the platform and build these into a history, even though this could slow down load times?

Genuine questions, how would you want the back button to behave?

• 1 year later...