Due Dates changing

emoseley

Question

Is anyone else having a problem with due date changing to the day before they were set.  In other words if I set a due dat for a Friday, once I click save the due date is then Thursday. I have several teachers reporting this.

6 answers to this question

Hi @emoseley

I can see that a Support ticket has been created for you under ticket reference: WFT-174-91352 and our Development Team are currently investigating this further which we will update you with further feedback on the support ticket as soon as possible. 

Many Thanks 

Jay 

21 minutes ago, emoseley said:

Is anyone else having a problem with due date changing to the day before they were set.  In other words if I set a due dat for a Friday, once I click save the due date is then Thursday. I have several teachers reporting this.

Nope.....  works fine for me!  Hows things in the US??

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 17.52.43.png

On 14/04/2020 at 17:31, emoseley said:

If I had to guess, it will be because it will be 'due' on midnight of the day you select - and perhaps there are some odd timezone issues that are causing it to convert the time to one a few hours before - making it due the day before....

I'd raise a support ticket - see if we can get this ironed out.

I’ve had this reported to me by one of my staff now. Apparently ever since we changed to British Summer Time. Only seems to affect assignments set for future release ie those where you change the “available from” date.

Not reported it before because not considered it an issue. Then a parent complained because an assignment set to be released on a future Monday got released by frog a day early and the parent didn’t think it was right that work should be set on a Sunday (which it wasn’t!)

The way to fix it is to set it to release on a Tuesday (to then go live on a Mon). If it is set one day ahead it is fine, but two days and it jumps back a day!