Total number of assignments completed

clangstaff

Not sure if this is possible but it would be great if so - is there any feasibility for pulling out the total number of assignments made to a student and also the total number of assignments that they have clicked 'Complete assignment' on.

Getting students to inform teachers when they've completed an assignment is a real issue any having this data would be very powerful - being able to display this data on a students dashboard would be even more powerful.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. 

@Graham Quince @Chris.Smith

• Like 1

@clangstaff,

You can but not as directly as you would probably like. If you open Assignment Manager and filter to a particular Student, the resulting network request in Developer Tools should give you some ideas. The keys you need to look out for are:

• Report Name
  • Filters
  • Options

Stay away from limit and offset. I don't think the order object is particularly important in your use case.

Hope this helps,

~ Chris

• Like 1

@Chris.Smith thanks for that - not really what I'm looking for though.

Firstly I'd be wanting the figures for all assignments set to individual pupils not just ones set by me in assignment manager. When looking in 'Assignment Monitor' I'm unable to filter down to students (this has been reported as a possible bug).

Secondly it would be a bit of a long winded check for all students ideally this would be turned in to some sort of widget whereby students see their own figures but staff can search for students.

It would also be really useful to export this information on mass for all students and all students within year groups and class groups etc.

Hi @clangstaff,

You can export all data from Assignment Monitor as a CSV.  Gareth Gay at Glenthorne does this as did Graham Thorpe when designed the Interactive homework prototype before it was built into Austen.  ( https://frog.frogcommunity.com/assignments-prototype )

I know others can search for individual students, so I'm glad you reported this issue.  Hopefully we can get this corrected ASAP.

@Graham Quince thanks for this I'll have a look when we get the ability to filter down to students.

Out of interest will a students name only appear under 'recipients' if an assignment has been made to that student as an individual not as a student within a group? If so this still doesn't really give us the functionality we are aiming for.

1 minute ago, clangstaff said:

@Graham Quince thanks for this I'll have a look when we get the ability to filter down to students.

Out of interest will a students name only appear under 'recipients' if an assignment has been made to that student as an individual not as a student within a group? If so this still doesn't really give us the functionality we are aiming for.

Nope, it shows all the work assigned to that student, whether individually or in a class.  It's a really useful tool for pastoral staff

• Like 1