Messaging

pdurber

Question

Really sorry, but having spent a couple of hours unsuccessfully searching you knowledgebase, I have given up the will to live.

I'm trying to allow all my staff to use the message app.. But when I go into changing the properties for it half of the properties of missing, so they can't get to the App.

See attached screenshot.

I know there must be a way of switching on the rest, but can't find it anywhere, or any knowledgebase articles on it either.

Message opts.PNG

6 answers to this question

Hi @pdurber

The Messages application is only turned ON for admins in Frog by default, which I have created a help section for this application on our Knowledgebase which is currently being reviewed and will be published shortly. 

In order to turn this feature ON by profile / group you would need to login to Frog as an Admin > Open the Groups and Policies application > search for the profile for example "Staff" > select the profile / group > Click the "Edit" button > Make sure you are on the Policy tab > On the right click "Apps" > Click "Messages" > You can then add the relevant roles for the Messages application by click the "+" buttons > Turn "ON" the roles on the left menu > Click the "Save" button. 

Please see screenshot attached of these roles in Groups and Policies required to use the Messaging application in Frog. 

If you require any further assistance or have any other questions please let me know

Many Thanks 

Jay 

Groups and Policies.PNG

Hi, 

I've got a few questions related to messaging.:

How do I enable push notifications to the MyFrog app? I've tested this on my Android Phone via the MyFrog app and I've been able to send a message to a test student account, but I'd like to know how I can make this a push notification. 

Also went I sent a message to an individual test student account and the message wasn't delivered/received, but when I sent it to a test group that the test student account was a member it was received/delivered. Any ideas what I may have been doing wrong?

Hi @deanmoulder

Within the phone's settings there will be a permission tag you might need to toggle.  When you open the app for the very first time, you will have been prompted to allow notifications.

Regarding the message not sending - that doesn't sound right.  Would you like me to create a ticket for you so the Service Desk can investigate?