File Types that students can be electronically marked

pdurber

1 minute ago, adamw said:

We're working on upping the rate at which documents are sent for conversion - not sure on the timescales yet. Obviously we were not expecting a massive increase in such a short time in the numbers of files being converted!

I'm sure we'll get there :)

Also, I reckon your queue will be mostly cleared by the morning, but I will keep my eye on it.

Till the next hand in.... ?

31 minutes ago, pdurber said:

No, made no difference.

Looks like we're going to have to delve a little deeper into this and find out where it is failing - because I'm not seeing anything obviously wrong in the logs.

@Tom - can we raise a ticket for this?

@ADT are you having any issues with feedback as in the video? Trying to work out if this is a one-off issue or a more global issue.

39 minutes ago, pdurber said:

No, made no difference.

Odd, I just checked that feedback for the new assignment and the file is showing now? I'm not sure what happened. If you can have another test sometime, leave it for about an hour and then see if the document shows in feedback, that would be awesome!  It could have just been because the converter service was slow - although it still should show something in it's place (a message about it being converted?)

Let's keep an eye on it.

1 minute ago, adamw said:

Odd, I just checked that feedback for the new assignment and the file is showing now? I'm not sure what happened. If you can have another test sometime, leave it for about an hour and then see if the document shows in feedback, that would be awesome!  It could have just been because the converter service was slow - although it still should show something in it's place (a message about it being converted?)

Let's keep an eye on it.

OK. As an aside, sort of, if you can convert Doc files, why can't there be e preview?

Just looked and still not there.

12 hours ago, pdurber said:

Yes! Just came back and I can edit the latest one.

The original ones are still broken, but that's fine as long as we're all sorted now.

Thank you for all your time.?

No problem, glad it's working now. Any more problems let us know!

30 minutes ago, adamw said:

When we last had an issue...  once it was fixed any work that was handed in before the “fix” wasnt fixed only new stuff which didn’t matter so much as it was only really be using it!!!!!  

Is that the case this time because this isn’t going to be a good launch to a new feature across the school! ???

2 minutes ago, ADT said:

When we last had an issue...  once it was fixed any work that was handed in before the “fix” wasnt fixed only new stuff which didn’t matter so much as it was only really be using it!!!!!  

Is that the case this time because this isn’t going to be a good launch to a new feature across the school! ???

This is something that has been raised this week to our management team, so there are some discussions taking place about best options in this scenario

17 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

This is something that has been raised this week to our management team, so there are some discussions taking place about best options in this scenario

Well I’d say it’s needs a quick response.....  or confidence in FrogFeedback my take a dint...  which would be a shame!! ?

On 01/04/2020 at 09:51, adamw said:

Has it got all bunged up again??  Haven't you got any congestion pills??

49 minutes ago, ADT said:

Has it got all bunged up again??  Haven't you got any congestion pills??

We've just made some changes to try and process the queue faster, I'll keep an eye on your queue to make sure it's moving along.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not working again.

I'm just getting the broken link icon. I was making a training video for our staff for when they return next week, but it makes me quite nervous in trying to get staff to do online marking if it is going to continually break. Is there any way you can get this to be reliable before the madness starts again next week?

Feedback crash 2.PNG

Feedback crash.PNG

1 hour ago, pdurber said:

It's not working again.

I'm just getting the broken link icon. I was making a training video for our staff for when they return next week, but it makes me quite nervous in trying to get staff to do online marking if it is going to continually break. Is there any way you can get this to be reliable before the madness starts again next week?

Feedback crash 2.PNG

Feedback crash.PNG

How long did you wait from uploading the file to trying to use Feedback??  There is a file limit...  and ive found it doesn't like special characters in the file names!! Ive got to admit I've been using it for years...  but it never has a 100% success rate!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, pdurber said:

It's not working again.

Feedback crash 2.PNG

Feedback crash.PNG

Hi @pdurber

I'll get a ticket raised for you with the service desk.

Thanks for letting us know

Graham

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2020 at 14:41, adamw said:

We've just made some changes to try and process the queue faster, I'll keep an eye on your queue to make sure it's moving along.

Has it broke again???

5 hours ago, gbligh said:

I am getting this problem now too - had a few reports from staff they are just seeing broken file links rather than the document

I think its working to hard.....  never been used so much!! ?

• 2 weeks later...

We are on FrogLabs, looks like this issue is partly being dealt with in the upcoming Earhart release:

• Post students submitting documents to the File Drop activity or completing a submission in the Text activity, upon a teacher reviewing the documents, if the files are pending conversion the message Feedback is converting this file, please come back later will now be displayed.  Previously a broken image icon was displayed making it difficult for teachers to identify if the file had converted or not.

33 minutes ago, gbligh said:

We are on FrogLabs, looks like this issue is partly being dealt with in the upcoming Earhart release:

• Post students submitting documents to the File Drop activity or completing a submission in the Text activity, upon a teacher reviewing the documents, if the files are pending conversion the message Feedback is converting this file, please come back later will now be displayed.  Previously a broken image icon was displayed making it difficult for teachers to identify if the file had converted or not.

You must be in the first group?

3 minutes ago, gbligh said:

We have a Trust platform too which is in the first group. We are in the 3rd group as a school.

So you have a separate Trust Platform.....  and then each school in the trust has its own???

14 minutes ago, ADT said:

So you have a separate Trust Platform.....  and then each school in the trust has its own???

Yes a central one for central services, generic stuff and then each school (will) have one. Very early doors.