Who’s logged in to the school platform? - spreadsheet updated 04/06/20

K.Ermit

This video guide to the Analytics Application shows you how to get data about who is logging in.  You can choose date ranges and it now includes information about who is accessing the platform via MyFrog:

We also have the FrogCode widget Visitor Log, which records all users who visit a site:

https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/visitor-log

Here's a nice case study about how Greenshaw High use the Visitor Log:

How schools are looking after teacher and student wellbeing

Routine can be our friend in times of change, something which the team at Greenshaw High has recognised as a way to reassure staff and students.

This week all of their students have had work set for them on Frog, providing them with a completely structured day. They have used the VISITOR LOG widget to check that all students are logging in and accessing resources in the right way,

This forward planning has enabled the teachers to get a week of prep time, ready for post-Easter break teaching.

Additionally, the school has created a wellbeing portal, providing friendly advice and guidance for staying fit and healthy. Greenshaw High has kindly shared this content with us, so it may be adopted by other Frog schools:

https://www.frogstore.me/sites/staff-well-being

Benefits of approach

• Providing a consistent structure for daily home learning
  • Relieving teachers for a period to be able to catch up
  • Helps create some normality for everyone
  • Checks on logins help the school identify disengaged students
  • Wellbeing portal provides advice and guidance for all to use and adopt.

I've also created this spreadsheet template, which merges exports of the Students information, the Analytics users and the MyFrog users:

Frog - Logged in Students Analytics.xlsx - UPDATED 04/06/20 - Now includes summary pages and more info regarding SEN, PP etc...

@Graham Quince Hopped on our platform this morning to give this a whirl. I could see the widget already installed, checked and there were no updates.

But when I add it to a site, even a brand new site, it adds a strange empty placeholder and then I am not able to save the site, or click any other buttons in fact. Refresh the page is the only available action.

Any ideas?

Edited by mobrien

@Graham Quince Sorry to add to this but...

The Visitor Log widget would help me going forward, but I have also been asked to provide a report of student login patterns for groups and individual students e.g. Vulnerable students for the week passed.

The Analytics app shows me total number of logins, but I need the raw data that the count is sourced from. Is this something that Frog can provide me with? Even if it was an Excel dump I can process it as needed.

Any help gratefully received as ever!

On 28/03/2020 at 08:31, mobrien said:

@Graham Quince Hopped on our platform this morning to give this a whirl. I could see the widget already installed, checked and there were no updates.

But when I add it to a site, even a brand new site, it adds a strange empty placeholder and then I am not able to save the site, or click any other buttons in fact. Refresh the page is the only available action.

Any ideas?

Hi @mobrien

The version you had was out of date, but updating to the latest didn't help.  I'm going to log a ticket for you, as I think there might be something blocking it running.

On 28/03/2020 at 08:59, mobrien said:

@Graham Quince Sorry to add to this but...

The Visitor Log widget would help me going forward, but I have also been asked to provide a report of student login patterns for groups and individual students e.g. Vulnerable students for the week passed.

The Analytics app shows me total number of logins, but I need the raw data that the count is sourced from. Is this something that Frog can provide me with? Even if it was an Excel dump I can process it as needed.

Any help gratefully received as ever!

I've prepared an Excel Spreadsheet which combines the data from the Analytics app with the data export from the Users app.   Should give you what you need:

logged in students analytics.xlsx

6 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

I've prepared an Excel Spreadsheet which combines the data from the Analytics app with the data export from the Users app.   Should give you what you need:

logged in students analytics.xlsx 274.01 kB · 1 download

Many thanks @Graham Quince. Unfortunately, this is not quite what I am after. I'm happy with combining all the data together, but where a user has logged in 10 times, I'd like to be able to see all those 10 logins listed line by line. And for all students...

Edited by mobrien

2 hours ago, mobrien said:

Many thanks @Graham Quince. Unfortunately, this is not quite what I am after. I'm happy with combining all the data together, but where a user has logged in 10 times, I'd like to be able to see all those 10 logins listed line by line. And for all students...

Hi Michael, 

I'm not sure we record that level of detail.  It would be a much, much larger data table.  I've updated the spreadsheet to include login counts and MyFrog though.

2 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi Michael, 

I'm not sure we record that level of detail.  It would be a much, much larger data table.  I've updated the spreadsheet to include login counts and MyFrog though.

@Graham Quince I worked out how to get as close to this as possible! Using the ad-hoc date selector in Analytics, I've been able to get a list of students who logged in per day, then compare that to our SIMs student list. Works a treat.

• Like 1

• Graham Quince changed the title to Who’s logged in to the school platform? - spreadsheet updated 04/06/20