School closures - 'remote learning'

pconkie

I'd like to hear from people about their 'remote learning' strategies.  Assuming your strategy has frog at it's center, what have you done about:

• expectations around frequency of work set - does this differ for different year groups?
  • what will students hand in (if anything)
  • what are your expectations around feedback? have you prescribed how this should be done by staff?
  • what other software/platforms are you using with frog?  Teams? Google? Office 365?
  • how are you monitoring all of this from staff and students perspectives? Is this through assignment monitor or is there a more useful report we could ask frog to think about?

Thanks

Edited by pconkie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pconkie said:

I'd like to hear from people about their 'remote learning' strategies.  Assuming your strategy has frog at it's center, what have you done about:

• expectations around frequency of work set - does this differ for different year groups?
  • what will students hand in (if anything)
  • what are your expectations around feedback? have you prescribed how this should be done by staff?
  • what other software/platforms are you using with frog?  Teams? Google? Office 365?
  • how are you monitoring all of this from staff and students perspectives? Is this through assignment monitor or is there a more useful report we could ask frog to think about?

Thanks

Anecdotally I can tell you that we've seen heavy usage of Frog, both with assignments and FrogPlay over this time - and we've had some great feedback about how it's working for people. I can tell you that everyone at Frog is working very hard to ensure our schools get the very best out of Frog during this time :)

OK so........

We are setting core weekly tasks for each subject for all students on Frog.  They are being set by a designated person in a department (could be TALL or leader of course) per year group/course.... Staff can then "top up" if they want to!!   Using Markbook's individual staff teacher can see what has been set and mark as needs be.

Some of us are then using FrogFeedback to give students feedback if they have been asked to digitally hand something in.

We have got FrogPlay turned on.... and i know some staff are setting these for some groups of students.

We also use 365 to create PowerPoints, help sheets, worksheets etc and then link them to a Frog site so students can download them at home fill them in and submit them on Frog.

Email is getting hammered by staff...  and students!!

No doubt we are using a million of these online quizzes, games, sites that we already use or are getting for free for the next......  however long!!

No doubt there is more........   i'll add when i remember!!

• Like 2

Staff have been told that we expect that they set an assignment if their class has a lesson that day. Yr9 10 & 12 is fairly generic work (unless they have an AS this year). Some faculties already use sites like Hegarty, so they are just extending that. We did some CPD before everyone self isolated on how to use online sites to set self marking work and I'm producing "How To guides" on various methods of doing online lessons, either recorded or live (no-one's done a live one yet - chickens). They are using both Office and Google Classrooms alongside Frog in the same way we have since September. However, this has encouraged staff to attempt online marking and uploading of files.....  Result!

We've rushed out Teams for department meetings, with an expectation that they do a formal meeting at least once a week. Some Depts have gone mad with it and have a meeting at 3.00 every day.

We've been using office365 since September and it's just doing it's thing, Some staff are still completetly in awe of working on a docment at the same time and really can't get their head around working in the Cloud (one long time PA has actually announced she is to retire because she's found it too confusing)

Dept/House Heads are going to start phoning parents at the end of the week using data from the assignment monitor/reports. 

That reminds me, must put a request in for customisable reports with an export option.

• Like 2