MyFrog app - display received messages on a Frogpage

ann

Question

I would like to create a page for parents and another for students that just displays the messages that have been sent to them.

I have embedded the app on a page and set the group policies to 'Access Messages" and "role.app message inbox" on and the others off.. When I test it on a parent account is does not show any received messages even though they do show on their timeline so I know they have received one. can anyone tell me where I am going wrong. Thanksimage.thumb.png.bfe775cfbb4fb9943134e936b54dd059.png

image.png.17a268fafdeb036fbb010fd028b86fc2.png

image.thumb.png.bfe775cfbb4fb9943134e936b54dd059.png

image.png

1 answer to this question

Hi Ann,

I can see a service desk ticket has been created for this therefore will be dealt with separately there.

In short, you cannot have your inbox embedded onto a site by default, although there may be some coding trickery via the HTML Widget to get around this (it might be worth asking in the coding section of these forums for this as Service Desk do no support custom code.).

Users by default can see their inbox messages in the Frog Bar at the top, and also in the "Inbox" area if MFrog.

The messages app can be used for staff to send messages, but this can only be done on desktop, you cannot send messages via MyFrog.

Send messages - desktop/web application only

Receive messages - via the inbox area on both MyFrog and desktop/web application

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Tom