Dashboard replication

pdurber

Question

Hi

I'm going through a redesign of the dashboards. I'd like to build them "off line" and then replace the current one when they're finished. Is this possible?

Can you point me to some documentation on how to create my own layout templates for the dashboard pages. 

Thank you.

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, pdurber said:

I thought that is how you might do it, but wanted to make sure before proceeding.

Sorry I didn't explain the template question very well.  

I want to create my own layout. None of the standard ones is exactly what I want.

Hi @pdurber

This is where you have to get a little creative.  I know Kris on our design team will use Nested Pages to add additional rows.  At least each layout box will only be as high as it needs to be.

Graham

Hi Paul,

Each of your dashboards will be sourced from a pre-existing site on your Frog platform. For example. your platforms staff dashboard is simply called "Staff Dashboard" and can be located within the "Sites" area of FrogDrive.

You can make a duplicate of this site from within FrogDrive by selecting the site, clicking on the action cog and selecting "Duplicate". This could serve as a way of building up the dashboards "off line", and you can then switch the users dashboard to them when ready.

If you want to create a template using this site, the process is a bit different. This time you will want to open the site and enter "Edit" mode.
Once you are in "Edit" mode, click on the "Settings" panel and scroll down through to options all and all the way to the bottom. There will be a "Save as Template" button ready for you to use.

Regards,
Connor

• Thanks 1

I thought that is how you might do it, but wanted to make sure before proceeding.

Sorry I didn't explain the template question very well.  

image.png.c6f15f0daf6c6e33b5771ac50bf55214.pngI want to create my own layout. None of the standard ones is exactly what I want.