Overdue Library Books

THaines

Afternoon all

Hope you're all enjoying the sunshine! Our Librarian has asked whether we could potentially use Frog to notify students of their overdue library books, rather than sending letters home to the students' parents like she does now. We did come up with the idea of assigning this as a homework but I'd imagine this would be quite a big job, going through all the overdue books and adding assignments individually for each child etc. We are FrogLearn only and use Oliver as our library management system so there isn't any integration between the two. Any ideas?

Cheers

Tom

What about sending an image to the student via FrogDrive?   It would appear on their timeline and their parents can see it:

overdue.png.7cc3a2449fab3ce067d5e8b230884678.pngoverdue1.JPG.824177386bdbd6ce28bb3195ea549d4c.JPG

Or have a message on the students dashboard only visible to students in the Overdue group.  Any overdue students could be added to the group and removed from it when they return the library.   Your librarian can manage groups using the Groups and Policies app (the policies will be locked out for her)

Or if you could give Oliver.... Heritage....  MLS.................  a rocket up the backside.......  and tell them to get on with building a widget like they all used too have for Frog 3.......................................................................................................

Thanks for this @Graham Quince, a few good ideas, although it sounds like it might be more a faff than it already is, so we might just stick to letters for now...I don't have a specific contact at Oliver. Our Account Manager was a lady called Donna Merritt (donna.merritt@softlink.co.uk) but no idea if she still works there or not as I don't often have to contact them.

• 2 years later...