Need opinions - To Do list

Graham Quince

Hey everyone,

I'm learning how to use the Datastore and thought I'd build a To Do list.

So far, each widget can add items to a list for the logged in user and these appear beneath the input box in a list.

todo list.PNG

I know I'll need to add edit and delete capabilities, but what else does it need?

Graham

Can it have:

The ability for the 'Add' button to be turned off. We could use this for student so we can add a list of coursework tasks, but they can't add anything to it.

The ability for things to be 'ticked off/completed'' and remain on the list, but maybe greyed out?

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Graham Quince said:

Thanks @gbligh

follow up question - for the to do list as currently coded, someone would have to add the items per individual.  Are you wanting a checklist that is written once and then everyone signs off?

We have 2 use cases:

• One which is per individual - probably for staff
  • One which can be added for everyone (maybe on an portfolio) which has the same options for everyone, but can be ticked off individually. If that makes sense?
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm... 

For a personal To Do list (Staff/Student)...  you would want the ability to  add, delete, edit and tick off items

For a Staff Member (Shared)...  you might want to same but for a group of staff to have the ability to manipulate a shared list widget?

For a Student for tasks given by staff..  you might want to be able to populate an individual's list via a group membership...  but the student would be able to tick things off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

22 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

it came very close, but all the extra requirements you added meant it was becoming too difficult to debug - so I gave up.  Sorry.

Blinking @gbligh always spoiling it for the rest of us!! ?

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

I've just had a thought.  Frog's Calendars could actually serve this purpose.  I could put together a widget which allowed the students to quickly add events to their calendar.  I think they could delete and amend them directly AND if so, i could include a "tag" in the title to highlight when the item is completed.

Teachers would be able to add To Do Events to their class (probably) and be able to view all the events for a student either by going to My Class. and viewing their calendar or it would be simple enough to build in a listener for the User Select widget.

Does this cover everything a To-Do List / Student-compete Planner needs to do?

• Like 1