FrogSnap

ADT

Right then guys....  FrogSnap...  you know how we have been pushing this as one of the "flag ship" bonuses for using Froglearn!!!  Frogsnap can do this...  and Frog snap can do that....  Frogsnap is really use on school trips..........  And you know how loads of school with more money than they know what to do with spent loads of money on iPads......  and you know how the iOS 10 update has been on the cards for a while...   and then betas been out for a bit....  and every other big name has been releasing iOS fixes for months.....

So....  Erm...  iOS 10 came out the other day.......   erm..................... what happened??? :o

Hi,

Trust me when I say we feel and share your pain.  Our dev team was aware of the upcoming update.

We tested FrogSnap in iOS10 beta 3 and the problem existed. We tested again in beta 7 and it was resolved and all working.  We obviously checked and rechecked, but had to assume everything was fine.  Unfortunately the general release then had the same issue again.

We have devs working on it and it will be fixed as soon as possible.

It is possible to roll back devices to iOS9 as a short-term temporary solution - not ideal but then neither is the current one.

• 3 weeks later...

Unrelated to the fact that FrogSnap is not currently working... but how are people actually using this? 

I've found that staff at both schools I work at were initially really interested and then decided that FrogSnap isn't all that.

I know of one member of staff who has found this particularly useful to collect in student video submissions. However, the only reason they chose this method was as they needed the ability to share the videos with other students and have students comment on videos - they said this certainly wasn't the easiest process to undergo with a group of students.

• Like 1

@clangstaff We have used it to add content to sites, to then share with parents. Examples from the past week include Y7 residential timeline on a site shared with Y7 parents, and extra curricular day timeline on a site shared with all parents. 

Today its in use during an INSET session where staff have been challenged to photograph the best displays in the school and then reflect on why they are good/bad and are they for pupil or staff benefit. 

I don't see it used much in normal lessons anymore. The best uses I have seen here are ICTs wall of fame where teachers snap the best work from that week and upload it to show on the subject site, and Drama who have used it in the past to peer assess performances in lessons. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graham Quince said:

UPDATE:

We have a fix for the FrogSnap mobile application and iOS10.  We are just pending confirmation when this update will be pushed to the Apple store.  After this, it could be a further 2-3 days for Apple to approve the changes and make live. 

About blinking time!! :P

3 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

UPDATE:

The fix for FrogSnap and iOS10 has been pushed to the Apple store.  Therefore all being well this should be live in the next 2-3 days.

As soon as I know it is live I will let you know.

Erm that's not what Tracy's email said...

"I am pleased to inform that the following fix is now live and available from the Apple Store"

Who to believe??????

1 minute ago, Graham Quince said:

We've both told the truth.   I said 'as soon as I know it is live, I will let you know'.  

I hadn't heard it is live :$ 

Always the last to know what's going on at Frog.....  Next time you should ask me first!! ;) 

• Like 1