Sign in to follow this  
Graham Quince

Widget requests

As everyone knows I've been banging on about FrogCode for sometime now and from Austen onwards, you should be able to request access to this fantastic tool.

I've been playing with it since Christmas and have a lot of '3/4' finished widgets.  I'm slowly tidying them up, submitting them to @Chris.Smith to check my code doesn't break anything and releasing them on the Community.

Having just gone through that process for the activity timer and folder search, I'm ready to find time to do the next couple.  So, which ones would you like me to for finish next?

Here's the list:

IMG_0088.thumb.PNG.d804aafeaa196c8d725b8f2c46936476.PNG

Happy to explain what each of these are, or perhaps these aren't the widgets you care about.  Let me know, otherwise I'll just pick myself.

I would love a if then widget.  If you completed and submitted A then B opens and allows you to work on that widget.  

I also like the Next/back page widgets.

We would use date countdown, maps and news ticker, as we already have work arounds for them but a widget would be much simpler. 

A week 1 or 2 (or in our case week A and B) widget would be really useful too, this is something we don't have at the moment but would definitely use.

Something like an accordion menu would be good too, we implemented this in a page with html which was really useful, but not possible for general staff to use.

2 hours ago, Corinne said:

Something like an accordion menu would be good too, we implemented this in a page with html which was really useful, but not possible for general staff to use.

Could this be something you build?  I think you still have access to the beta?

22 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Could this be something you build?  I think you still have access to the beta?

I could give it a go but I've been swamped recently here. I got put in another role part time and only just got back to my job full time so feel like I'm constantly playing catch up. I will give it a go if I get the time though! 

Date countdown as well as the Back and Next page links would be really useful.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Graham Quince
      Here's a new FrogCode widget:
      https://www.frogeducation.com/community/frogcode/frogcode-showcase/visitor-log
      We worked with George Bligh from Greenshaw on this widget.  When someone views a page with this widget on, it records their visit.  Anyone with Edit and Manage rights gets a button which displays a list of all visitors, their profile, their children (if a parent), how many times they have visited the site and the time and date of their last visit.

(This widget uses the datastore - a little known about feature of Frog's API.)
    • By Phil Stiles
      Hi, I am trying to create a widget that is able to pull the Total Positive Behaviour Points into a variable, the end result is we will use an if statement to display a specific image depending on a number of points the student has.
      I have started by testing with the HTML widget. using the below code to see if I can use the behaviour.getBehaviourTotals API to get the total points this year for the user, however, it is not working.
      <script> var $ap,user; //Create a div, and give it a unique ID $ap = $("div", { id: Frog.Utilities.generateSimpleID() } ); $ap.html( '<b>Your House Points:</b>'+ '<table clase="table" id="your_points">'+ '<tr>'+ "<th>This Year</th>"+ '</tr>'+ '</table>' ); // Use Frog's API to get the logged in student user = FrogOS.getUser(); // Use Frog's API to get Behaviour points Frog.Model .api('behaviour.getBehaviourTotals',{ Student_uuid: user.uuid, }).done(function(behaviourResponse){ behaviourResponse.data.pos.year(function(work){ $ap.find('tbody') .append( '<tr>'+ '<td>'+ data.pos.year+ '</td>'+ '</tr>' ); }); }); arguments[0].append($ap); </script> any advice appreciated.
      Phil
    • By Graham Quince
      The brilliant @Simon Law has built a new widget which adds a site's menu to a page, to save us all from having to do this manually using text widgets.
      You can download this from the showcase page:
      https://www.frogeducation.com/community/tutorials/frogcode/frogcode-showcase
    • By K.Ermit
      Hi,
      I want to link an image (or file) to my widget, but I can't get the web address when I upload it.
    • By pconkie
      We have a new process for monitoring regularity and quality of home learning (all of which are now done via assignment manager).
      Happy to share this frog code app which allows Tutors, Heads of House/Year, SLT to lookup what has been assigned to a student and act accordingly.   I will ensure this app continues to work if frog change api's in the future as it is part of our internal systems.  
      I realise this functionality is available in the assignment monitor app, but we do not wish to share this app with staff as it would allow them to lookup staff as well as students!
      A quick screen shot...

Paul