Folder Search widget

Graham Quince

Primarily requested by Matt Day at Chosen Hill, Folder Search bypasses the search limitation of FrogDrive and allows users to search through all folders to find the files they might need.  Matt wants to use Frog to host all 100+ of their policies, but has organised them into folders.  Currently his users cannot search them easily in FrogDrive.  With Folder Search, they can. 
It can also play mp4 videos directly, so it’s second use is to help create a video galleries.

https://www.frogcommunity.com/frogcode/showcase

• 6 months later...

First post, be kind :-)

Great widget, but is anyone else having the FrogOS global search activate when using this widget?

I found the in the 'Google Search Widget' thread similar behavior which was solved with adding the code;

<script type="text/javascript">
    this.element.find('input').on('click', function(ev) {
        ev.stopPropagation();
    });
</script>

Does this need to be added? Am I missing something?

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Sorry, I thought this was done.  You'll need to download the latest version from the community site and upload (no auto updates unfortunately :( )

Still having issues :(

I've downloaded again from the community site, imported the package, clicked 'Check for updates' and it found the new package - I did the update successfully. Went to Groups and Policies to give the account profiles access again. Went to the page the widget is used, edited the page - deleted the existing instance of the widget and added it again, pointed to the correct folder in FrogDrive, saved changes.

Testing - search works but still activates the global search (refreshed/logged out and back in - same result)

Also tried uninstalling the widget completely in Package Manager and imported the fresh download, but then it fails to install. - "Install Wizard: There was an error whilst trying to install this package." Assuming as it remains in 'Uninstalled Packages' it won't allow install over the top of it?

File name - 12E907EF2001B576326E6FF148F2F906F6437E5C94D8FFF0.tgz   - definitely latest version?