BUGS?

pconkie

Possible bug -

Just created first FrogCode Widget on own platform. Styles appeared correctly during testing, but once the widget was deployed and dragged onto a page in a site the widget didn't have the styles applied.

Styles were written as suggested:

[data-name="Widget.TimetableViewer"].widget-content {
  background: none;
  text-align: left;
  width: 100%;
  margin: 0;
}

And all looked good when previewing from within the FrogCode Editor.

To get the styles to be applied correctly I had to remove the .widget-content part of the css above.

Paul

10 hours ago, pconkie said:

Possible bug -

Just created first FrogCode Widget on own platform. Styles appeared correctly during testing, but once the widget was deployed and dragged onto a page in a site the widget didn't have the styles applied.

Styles were written as suggested:

[data-name="Widget.TimetableViewer"].widget-content {
  background: none;
  text-align: left;
  width: 100%;
  margin: 0;
}

And all looked good when previewing from within the FrogCode Editor.

To get the styles to be applied correctly I had to remove the .widget-content part of the css above.

Paul

9 hours ago, pconkie said:

Don't think this one is a 'bug', but....

var site_uuid = this.elements.site.find('[data-site-uuid]:first').data('site-uuid');

This line works in a html widget but not in FrogCode. 

Hi Paul,

You are right, that line won't work natively in FrogCode widgets as it is inserted by the engine running the HTML Widget. That being said however, FrogCode widgets are provided with the site_uuid on initialisation.

this.options.site_uuid

I will try and login to your platform today and try and diagnose your styling problem. Hopefully it is something simple and I'll be able to fix it for you today.

~ Chris

• Like 1

Hi @Chris.Smith

Another possible bug? 

Capture.thumb.PNG.dc966a8817383b4005fa45f5224ad86f.PNG

This started all of a sudden. I have updated and re-deployed a FC Widget before without issue.  But yesterday the Notice Board widget stopped being update-able.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help.  The widget runs without error in preview, but fails silently when being updated.  Hopefully you can see from the screen grab the 500 error on packages.update method.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help yesterday. I presume form what you said about site uuids that inside FrogCode something like this would check to see if the page is nested and return the origin site uuid if true, otherwise returning the site uuid?

var site_uuid = this.options.origin_site_uuid;
  if (typeof site_uuid === 'undefined') {
  //not nested on another page
  site_uuid = this.options.site_uuid;
 }

Paul

Edited by pconkie

1 hour ago, pconkie said:

Hi @Chris.Smith

Another possible bug? 

Capture.thumb.PNG.dc966a8817383b4005fa45f5224ad86f.PNG

This started all of a sudden. I have updated and re-deployed a FC Widget before without issue.  But yesterday the Notice Board widget stopped being update-able.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't help.  The widget runs without error in preview, but fails silently when being updated.  Hopefully you can see from the screen grab the 500 error on packages.update method.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help yesterday. I presume form what you said about site uuids that inside FrogCode something like this would check to see if the page is nested and return the origin site uuid if true, otherwise returning the site uuid?

var site_uuid = this.options.origin_site_uuid;
  if (typeof site_uuid === 'undefined') {
  //not nested on another page
  site_uuid = this.options.site_uuid;
 }

Paul

Hi Paul,

I think that should work... I've read the code that adds a Widget to a page and it includes origin_site_uuid in its options!

I'm going to log into your platform and see if I can figure out whats going on with your update.

Watch this Space,

~ Chris

3 minutes ago, Chris.Smith said:

Hi Paul,

I think that should work... I've read the code that adds a Widget to a page and it includes origin_site_uuid in its options!

I'm going to log into your platform and see if I can figure out whats going on with your update.

Watch this Space,

~ Chris

@pconkie,

I have just logged into your platform and it is telling me that there are no updates available to any of your packages?! Did you manage to update them after your previous post?

~ Chris

27 minutes ago, Chris.Smith said:

@pconkie,

I have just logged into your platform and it is telling me that there are no updates available to any of your packages?! Did you manage to update them after your previous post?

~ Chris

Ignore all of that Paul,

Good news, is that it is indeed actually, updating your source code. The error is occurring in the part of the system the updates the FrogOS Database records about your Widget. This is why it is allowing you to update source code within increasing your version number. The good news is that this is fixed already and should be with you soon!

Whilst annoying, this issue should not affect you whilst you are developing Widgets.

I have also looked at the styling problem you mentioned previously. I can confirm that your styles are being loaded correctly into the browser and I am struggling to see any conflicts with any other widget overriding your styles. Without messing around with your code I can't begin to tell you what is going wrong. Let me know if you would like me to have a tinker; otherwise, I would suggest copying across all the timetable styles that you are currently using. This will reduce the risk to your widget should we change something. Also it will mean you can remove the timetable widget classes you are using also meaning you won't be at risk of *something else* doing things to your widget!

Finally, we do tell browsers not to cache anything in app/package and app/staging however they don't always listen. I you can, try clearing your browser data in Chrome's settings. You can tell it just to remove "Cached images and files" and this should do the job sufficiently.

With all that said, there are a heap of updates and improvements coming to you soon that should help you out!

~ Chris

Edited by Chris.Smith
Typo

Thanks Chris for looking at this, I really appreciate you taking the time.

I can see now that the update is actually occurring.  I have my widget on a site and I have that site embedded on another site.  In both cases the console give me the same site_uuid, which is great.

I found a solution I'm happy with for the styling, but will eventually do as you have suggested.

I guess the only thing I would like to try and get sorted before considering this notice board widget "finished for now" is to create a forum in code rather than use an existing forum uuid.  Looking forward to seeing if this is possible.

I also want to swap out the standard confirm for the Frog.JS confirm, but am having a few problems  - Uncaught TypeError: this.confirm is not a function.

Edited by pconkie

On 26/05/2017 at 13:27, pconkie said:

I also want to swap out the standard confirm for the Frog.JS confirm, but am having a few problems  - Uncaught TypeError: this.confirm is not a function.

Ignore this. I've really got to use .bind properly.

@Chris.Smith

Twice now I've been using FrogCode and FrogLearn has crashed. Both times the server has needed restarting by the network manager to get frog back up. 

In both cases FrogCode froze up causing me to close and re-open chrome. Then immediately got a 500 error on desktop - frog redirects to app/redirect on mobile.

If there are logs that can uncover what is actually going on here and if indeed linked to FrogCode then the last occurance was approx 02.00 Monday morning. Hopefully you can track the cause down!

Thanks

Paul

Edited by pconkie

31 minutes ago, pconkie said:

@Chris.Smith

Twice now I've been using FrogCode and FrogLearn has crashed. Both times the server has needed restarting by the network manager to get frog back up. 

In both cases FrogCode froze up causing me to close and re-open chrome. Then immediately got a 500 error on desktop - frog redirects to app/redirect on mobile.

If there are logs that can uncover what is actually going on here and if indeed linked to FrogCode then the last occurance was approx 02.00 Monday morning. Hopefully you can track the cause down!

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

Can you please report the "outage" to the service desk as our systems engineers will need to be aware of any issues of this nature. I have had a brief chat with them and they tell me that at 02:00 your database gets backed up and this can cause performance issues / lock-outs during the backup process. It is likely that this is what happened. We also have a collection of maintenance tasks (cron jobs) which run during the small hours of the morning, and whilst these should run unnoticed, some may cause performance slow downs due to the complexity of the operation (hence why they are scheduled during the early morning).

For the time-being we are confident that FrogCode is not linked to this issue, but I will continue to monitor it.

~ Chris

Thanks Chris

Yes I believe we logged it earlier on the frog support desk, just wanted to give you a heads up too.  

BTW first time this happened it was sensible o'clock.....

Cheers 

Paul 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Chris.Smith

Would you mind jumping on our frog box when you get a chance? Somehow managed to get a duplicate app in frogcode.  It's not showing as duplicate in frogcode editor, but it is in package manager and in applications in frog drive. it's called FrogSeats.

Thanks

Paul

13 hours ago, pconkie said:

Hi @Chris.Smith

Would you mind jumping on our frog box when you get a chance? Somehow managed to get a duplicate app in frogcode.  It's not showing as duplicate in frogcode editor, but it is in package manager and in applications in frog drive. it's called FrogSeats.

Thanks

Paul

HI Paul,

Done some digging and I don't know what has happened...

They both have separate UUID's so its not the ghosting bug we saw recently. What is weird is the UUID I have development activity in the logs for, isn't the one that is showing up in your FrogCode Editor! You also only have in an installation record for the one with the broken icon. According to the Database and the log files, you have never installed the FrogSeats app with the functioning icon (also the one that is in your FrogCode). 

Because of these issues, @Graham Quince is going to work to get you into the next round of FrogLabs roll outs. In Austen, there are some fixes which are going to help us, identify and isolate the rogue application.

Unfortunately I can't help you today, but hopefully next week (or after your update) we will be able to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

~ Chris