Feedback displayed in a page

Corinne

Potentially not possible but hopefully someone can help. 

One of our departments are creating an e-portfolio site within Frog. They want it to display work for each half term, 1 beginning piece and 1 final piece to show progress. They also want to have the feedback for the first piece displayed directly in the page from the assignment manager/feedback so the student can then work on this feedback before adding the second/final file - is this at all possible? Can you embed feedback for a each student for a particular assignment into a page they all see their own copies of this. 

Also is it possible to link to or display that file within the page, either directly from the assignment manager or can you use the file drop - student adds the file - this is then displayed on each students page below?

We have a similar issue at the moment!!  For BTEC work we have to give students feedback on an official form...  which they need to act on and then resubmit work for a second time.  At present we use Frog 3 workspaces which , because Frog 3 allows you to put permissions on folders., we set a folder for each student so only them and us and see the feedback!! 

Also because this is a Frog 3 workspace we can use Froglive....  we just double click on the file..  Froglive kicks in...  downloads it...  opens word... we change what we want hit save and Froglive kicks in replacing the file on Frog!!

Not sure what we are going to do when we are forced to turn off Frog 3!!

• Like 1

What about using Google Docs?  You could create a folder in google that contains a document for each student.  You can set permissions on each document so that students can not open each others.  You could then place the google folder on a frog site.  We have single sign on between google and frog enabled so you shouldn't notice where frog ends and google starts. Just an idea, haven't tried to set this up.

On 2017-5-23 at 14:44, pconkie said:

What about using Google Docs?  You could create a folder in google that contains a document for each student.  You can set permissions on each document so that students can not open each others.  You could then place the google folder on a frog site.  We have single sign on between google and frog enabled so you shouldn't notice where frog ends and google starts. Just an idea, haven't tried to set this up.

we have tired this with some staff documents and I have embeded a folder using an iframe, however the documents do not show in the site until the user has been to google/google drive in that session, then if they go back and refresh they show up - I have no idea why. 

For students this could be done the way you said, bu that would take an awfully long time doing one for each student - just as setting up a page for each student would, and they want this doing this side of summer ideally 

On 2017-5-23 at 14:16, Corinne said:

Potentially not possible but hopefully someone can help. 

One of our departments are creating an e-portfolio site within Frog. They want it to display work for each half term, 1 beginning piece and 1 final piece to show progress. They also want to have the feedback for the first piece displayed directly in the page from the assignment manager/feedback so the student can then work on this feedback before adding the second/final file - is this at all possible? Can you embed feedback for a each student for a particular assignment into a page they all see their own copies of this. 

Also is it possible to link to or display that file within the page, either directly from the assignment manager or can you use the file drop - student adds the file - this is then displayed on each students page below?

@Corinne,

When you say "feedback", do you mean Frog's Feedback application (Annotations and Stickers) or the "Assignment Wall"?

~ Chris

22 minutes ago, Chris.Smith said:

@Corinne,

When you say "feedback", do you mean Frog's Feedback application (Annotations and Stickers) or the "Assignment Wall"?

~ Chris

The teacher who requested this asked for teacher feedback - I would assume it was the general homework comment/wall type display from a specific assignment/s. 

They also want a homework display of the results the students has received, like a mini mark book display I think to show progress through quizzes 

11 minutes ago, Corinne said:

The teacher who requested this asked for teacher feedback - I would assume it was the general homework comment/wall type display from a specific assignment/s. 

They also want a homework display of the results the students has received, like a mini mark book display I think to show progress through quizzes 

Yeah, this should all be possible... I'll have a dig around this afternoon for you... I think I have some code lying around that should give you a starter-for-ten.

~ Chris

Just now, Chris.Smith said:

Yeah, this should all be possible... I'll have a dig around this afternoon for you... I think I have some code lying around that should give you a starter-for-ten.

~ Chris

That would be amazing thanks

• 3 weeks later...

If it helps, the comments box is returned in the markbook.getUserInfo API.

Looks like it needs the assignment UUID and the student's UUID

params :
{method: "markbook.getUserInfo", _v: "1701_0_24",…}
assignment:"681C00DE20003C312B36BFAEEEB38F079BDA804CC7DF8199",
method:"markbook.getUserInfo",
sources:["native", "googledrive"],
user:"F0BEFDE2200053C84B127FDA599918024F6FF87CA7A2AD9C"

21 hours ago, Corinne said:

@Chris.Smith did you happen to find any code for this?
Thanks

Hey @Corinne,

Due to complications in the way that Sites manages widgets I have been unable to do this via the HTML widget. I could have shown a read-only view of the comments but that seemed a little like a cop out. So what I've done is create you a FrogCode widget which, when dropped on a page within a site, will detect the user info uuid and link that widget to the assignment wall.

I'm going to spend sometime today cleaning it up and making sure that it works under all circumstances within the Assignment workflow. 

It is worth saying however, that the Assignment wall is being built into a new Assignments based UI in Sites, meaning that soon, this will be some what pointless; but you've got this in the meantime!

~ Chris

/cc @gbligh, @Graham Quince

36 minutes ago, Corinne said:

@Chris.Smith That sounds amazing thank you. This something they want to test before September so sounds like this would definitely do the job for now - do I have to get Frog code turned on for our school, as I don't think we have it at the moment. 

Hi @Corinne,

You should be fine using just the Package Manager which is available for Admin users in the current release (Dickens). If you have not installed a FrogCode Widget or Application before, head on over to the Community Site and checkout @Graham Quince's video at https://www.frogcommunity.com/frogcode/tutorials and click on "Installing a downloaded widget".

@Graham Quince will be sharing the widget imminently so stay tuned for updates :)

~ Chris

@Graham Quince This is not quite what the ICT team were looking for so I am unsure how they will use it but if we do I will let you know

They wanted one site per pupil (would have to be made manually, but we know that) which students can look at, see things such as their own targets, a timeline of work added by teachers, and also part of the assignment feedback - this may work as an assigned site but I don't think it would then keep all the functionality they wanted. 

2 hours ago, Corinne said:

@Graham Quince This is not quite what the ICT team were looking for so I am unsure how they will use it but if we do I will let you know

They wanted one site per pupil (would have to be made manually, but we know that) which students can look at, see things such as their own targets, a timeline of work added by teachers, and also part of the assignment feedback - this may work as an assigned site but I don't think it would then keep all the functionality they wanted. 

Ah, so the original wall widget would work in that scenario.  You just need a method of duplicating pages for students.   I think it's best if I give you a call and we can talk through the options.  Are you free Friday?

I am not sure it would - the head of dept. wants the assignment feedback to automatically be put in from a chosen assignment, say project part 1, then project part 3 to see comparative feedback and allow students to dirt mark their work. 

I think a phone call may be best though to work out if this can be done and I will try to explain it better if I can! I am free Friday, yes.