New Noticeboard Widget

pconkie

Hello All,

We have been working on some new widgets for MIS Linked Documents, Attainment and Learner Contacts.  Following the Austin release we too are unable to save or update packages in FrogCode - It is very frustrating for our developer as it seems to be one step forward and two steps back.  We have a ticket open with support on this but have been advised that "We have linked this to our existing bug ticket" with no timeframe for a solution other than it will be rolled out in a scheduled hotfix.

Any updates @Graham Quince @Chris.Smith

Radclyffe 

32 minutes ago, sfoster said:

Hello All,

We have been working on some new widgets for MIS Linked Documents, Attainment and Learner Contacts.  Following the Austin release we too are unable to save or update packages in FrogCode - It is very frustrating for our developer as it seems to be one step forward and two steps back.  We have a ticket open with support on this but have been advised that "We have linked this to our existing bug ticket" with no timeframe for a solution other than it will be rolled out in a scheduled hotfix.

Any updates @Graham Quince @Chris.Smith

Radclyffe 

Hi Simon,

I am currently logged into your platform looking at the issue now. I will be in touch shortly with an update and hopefully an action plan.

~ Chris

26 minutes ago, Chris.Smith said:

Hi Simon,

I am currently logged into your platform looking at the issue now. I will be in touch shortly with an update and hopefully an action plan.

~ Chris

Thanks Chris - We have some really useful widgets that have been developed by Simon and are keen to get these installed and tested on our platform - please keep me updated - Cheers

Simon

Hi Chris,

The ticket, is it helps is: #BKU-294-14988

We can create, deploy and install a widget - however when we update the version number in the manifest and save it we deploy then check for updates (we get the blue circle to indicate an update).  However, when we click Update Package - Nothing (POST https://vtle.theradclyffeschool.co.uk/api/2/?method=packages.update 500 (Internal Server Error) - in console.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Matt said:

Speaking to @Mark Hamilton it looks like this widget is not allowing him to hide the notice detail since the Da Vinci release. Regardless of what is ticked in the edit panel (hide/show) it will display the notice detail.

Has anyone else had this issue??

I don't see any option to show/hide the notice detail?

Capture.JPG

@paulmitchell1989 - sorry, I meant to say when you set the standard Frog 'Notice Board' widget (underneath) for posts to be hidden. Apparently this allowed you to hide the detail on the FrogCode widget as well - however I've only seen it displayed with the notice detail being shown before (screenshots on this forum / dashboards I've logged into making use of the widget.

Has anyone tried to hide the notice detail on the Noticeboard widget (Frog) that also hides the detail when pulled through to the Frogcode noticeboard widget?

On 9/13/2017 at 11:43 AM, Matt said:

Thanks for confirming that @paulmitchell1989 - now I just need to find out if this was always the case - that it would ignore the notice detail setting (hide/show) and just show it regardless. Or if it did indeed take note of that, and then the Davinci release has caused this to change.

This widget is working great for what we need however it would be great to be able to hide the detail. Was there any updates on this?

It doesn't hide the notice detail, it never has.  It uses the hidden noticeboard only as a database to store the message text and attached documents. It doesn't look at the preferences set on the frog noticeboard widget (i don't even think its' possible from a frogcode widget to do this).  If you want the message to be hidden the widget code needs to be altered and a new preference added. I might have time to do this at some point!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pconkie said:

It doesn't hide the notice detail, it never has.  It uses the hidden noticeboard only as a database to store the message text and attached documents. It doesn't look at the preferences set on the frog noticeboard widget (i don't even think its' possible from a frogcode widget to do this).  If you want the message to be hidden the widget code needs to be altered and a new preference added. I might have time to do this at some point!

Thanks for the information. The hide option is a really good feature and helps keep things a bit less cluttered - Thought it'd be best to ask and check.

BTW I tend to find lists of students make for the longest notices....

You can type into your message this tag  <start list>    and later   <stop list>.

Anything placed between the two tags will be hidden unless a list header is clicked.  Thought i'd mention this in case it is of use.

That's a great feature, might be of use in the future. Our staff sometimes post long notices which in the small defined area makes the notice board look cluttered and adds alot more to the page and increases the amount you have to scroll to reach the bottom.

Thanks for the help though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Virginia Baldock

The staff profile requires "contribute" access to edit and delete notices - but they need "edit and manage" to upload attachments. Therefore go with "edit and manage".  If you plan to put this on your dashboard then set up the noticeboard on a new site and use the embed site widget to put it on your dashboard.

Paul