Duplicating Sites

ADT

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi @ADT 

Happy New Year :D 

When you duplicate a site it will only duplicate the widgets and pages on the site and if you have set a background image or have a media widget that has an image on this will also be copied across, however this will not copy any files or uploads that have been uploaded to any File Drop or Timeline widget's of the original site and these will need to be uploaded manually to your duplicated site. 

If you have any further questions or issues please let me know

Thanks

Jay 

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hi @ADT 

Happy New Year :D 

When you duplicate a site it will only duplicate the widgets and pages on the site and if you have set a background image or have a media widget that has an image on this will also be copied across, however this will not copy any files or uploads that have been uploaded to any File Drop or Timeline widget's of the original site and these will need to be uploaded manually to your duplicated site. 

If you have any further questions or issues please let me know

Thanks

Jay 

Did this used to be the case... i remember having issues duplicating my trip site because it wouldn't work because it timed out trying to copy the timeline photos??

54 minutes ago, Jay said:

@ADT

No I have checked and that ticket which is with our Development Team is relating to downloading the site which was due to the amount of photos on the timeline. 

Thanks 

Jay 

Hi Jay...

I was talking about years ago...  i tried to duplicate our first site to use as a template for other trips but it wouldn't work due to the size of the images on the timeline!!

9 minutes ago, ADT said:

Hi Jay...

I was talking about years ago...  i tried to duplicate our first site to use as a template for other trips but it wouldn't work due to the size of the images on the timeline!!

Don't know for sure, but that sounds like it would have been a bug. It's possible that it used to try and duplicate everything on a site (all the site assets) but we now remove them for stuff like timelines etc...

16 hours ago, adamw said:

Don't know for sure, but that sounds like it would have been a bug. It's possible that it used to try and duplicate everything on a site (all the site assets) but we now remove them for stuff like timelines etc...

I think it did duplicate everything.....  which sometimes might be useful!!! ?

On 07/01/2020 at 16:42, adamw said:

Well then.... i have found a problem.....  I cant duplicate a site called ICT & Computer Science Berlin 2018....  it claims its too big!!

image.png

Even though it has copied??