Maintenance Page

Pete Foulkes

Afternoon,

I want to create a 'Maintenance Request' page within Frog. Staff will login to create their maintenance request and the maintenance team will simply tick a box when the job is complete. The maintenance team have zero computer skills so it needs to be as simplistic as possible.

I envisage a page on our staff dashboard containing 2 columns and a large box above spanning the whole width of the page, where staff will report their issue. The first column would be a list of all maintenance requests with the oldest at the bottom. The second column would be the completed requests column. Ideally the maintenance man would simply click on an active request, which then takes it from the first column to the second.

Any advice on how to approach this, or an alternative solution that is just as easy to operate would be greatly appreciated :) 

Hi Pete 

The IT Support Portal could be stripped down to achieve this.  Every maintenance request could send an email to the team and using the Data-Viewer, they can double-click on the individual entry, check a hidden field to mark it as complete and move onto the next job.  You can set the Data Viewer to be filtered to only the open jobs too.

16 hours ago, Graham Quince said:

Hi Pete 

The IT Support Portal could be stripped down to achieve this.  Every maintenance request could send an email to the team and using the Data-Viewer, they can double-click on the individual entry, check a hidden field to mark it as complete and move onto the next job.  You can set the Data Viewer to be filtered to only the open jobs too.

Thanks Graham, where can I find the IT Support Portal? Can't see it in the Frog Templates or Frog Store :/ 

Brilliant thanks Graham. I've managed to get it setup now but thank you anyway. 

I've setup three tabs, one with the request form, one for the staff members to see their requests only (page hidden for maintenance staff), and a maintenance log of all staff requests (page visible for maintenance staff only).

Pete

maintenance.PNG

• Like 1